Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Am I Going Mad???  (Read 1145 times)

Beany12

Am I Going Mad???
« on: December 07, 2017, 01:44:14 PM »

Hi I'm new to this site and never posted on a forum before.  I am 48, 49 in a few weeks. My periods became erratic last year and this year went 5 months before I saw any period however at this point I noticed I was not thinking straight, very emotional and if I wasn't crying I was feeling aggressive, brain fog and desperate Feelings of not being able to cope.  I went to docs as previous visits did get herbal stuff for flushes and told try to ride the symptoms out. OMG no way went back different doc no real discussion I mentioned patches gave me fem seven sequi. Felt better for a bit but 2 weeks in anxiety nervousness crying all came back now hot flushes back and I don't want to go out of the house as I feel I can't deal with anyone my emotions are like a yo yo. Not been to work yet this week as sent home mo day morning as sat at desk read one email and then racked with tears and feeling I could not cope. Have docs again tomorrow the herbal doc again as the surgery do not seem to have anyone who deals in womens health alrmtjuugh j gave to say this doc us very nice it dies appear that I have to tell them what I need. So help required is the HRT worth changing is dose to low or should I try tablets and I realky don't want anti depressants but I could quite happily jump off a tall building at the moment.  Should I stick with what I've got for another 2 months but they don't stick I have to clean my skin with surgical spirit so they will stick. It's all a blooming mess that includes my head  . Any help welcomed thanks  :-\

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Am I Going Mad???
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 03:09:06 PM »

Did I reply already  :-\

4meSons

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 03:35:39 PM »

Hi
I'm not very knowledgeable on hrt but I am suffering the same as you. I'm also 48, peri and off work. I do know the femseven sequi does not come in a higher dose and the evorel sequi has a harsher progesterone. I am currently on oestrogel and utrogestan ( progesterone) but due to being given a different make of oestrogel I'm suffering this week.
If you want transdermal you could ask for a separate estrogen patch or gel with either utrogestan or provera as the progesterone
Good luck x

Beany12

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 06:59:41 PM »

Dear formesons it's been a nightmare week for me but been scouring internet and found these patches have todtesterone derivative pogeterone so that could be the problem and think dose too high so going to see about Femoston 1/10 as they seem to suit a lot of women as pogeterone is not derived from todtesterone. I'll post again hopefully I will have good news. Good luck to you too xx