Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 30

Author Topic: Holidays 2018  (Read 62818 times)

Two hoots

Re: Holidays 2018
« Reply #360 on: October 13, 2018, 03:17:26 PM »

I think the charge for laundry was $35 per bag, I have no idea if it's a carrier bag size or a bin liner size bag, I didn't look at the time but I'm still hoping for a volunteer who has better weather than me  ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #361 on: October 13, 2018, 03:32:36 PM »

We probably have - a sheet went onto the line 30 mins ago and is now back on the bed, two wooden pegs broken in the process  ::)

Two hoots

« Reply #362 on: October 13, 2018, 04:24:45 PM »

If your sheet was in the line here one if two things would happen:

1. It would be so wet and heavy you wouldn't be able to carry it.   Or

2. You would have to go to Ireland to reclaim it in this gale.

::)

Lanzalover

« Reply #363 on: October 13, 2018, 05:12:16 PM »

Pleased to hear you had a good holiday Two hoots I've always fancied Maderia one off these days.
If you send your washing over I'll have it done in no time 😄 Only joking.
The washing is the worst part of a holiday.

Lanzalover x

Lanzalover

« Reply #364 on: October 17, 2018, 04:51:38 PM »

3 weeks today and I'll be back in Lanzarote yipeeeee

Lanzalover x

Nikkisyard

« Reply #365 on: October 17, 2018, 06:10:25 PM »

Hi LL... Ive lost track... arent you there now? Or are you such an addict you rebooked another holiday??  :yipi:
Do you have a place over there?

We're currently on our second annual visit to our villa in Spain.. but not stopped working (work from "home") so its not really felt like a holiday! Now the weather has turned... just my luck... lol

2019 we return in April then again in September...

Anyone got any other holidays booked for this year?

Shadyglade

« Reply #366 on: October 17, 2018, 07:14:58 PM »

Off to York on Friday for 3 nights. Going for the BBC History weekend. Lots of time for shopping and sightseeing as well.

Lanzalover

« Reply #367 on: October 17, 2018, 07:15:24 PM »

Hi Nikkisyard

I'm back in the UK now this last trip was just for 5 nights (last minute decision)but it was a really relaxing few days.
Our trip next month has been booked for ages as we always have 2 weeks in November.
We did own an apartment in Lanzarote but we sold it last year it was an ideal lock up and leave property but not big enough for the whole family (bought when we only had one grandchild   ;D )
All the family are going for New Year as middle son will  be 40 while we are there so we have rented two 3 bed villas next door to each other.

We may buy something bigger when we retire as we both would like to spend our winters somewhere warmer than the UK.
Enjoy your break.

Lanzalover x

CLKD

« Reply #368 on: October 17, 2018, 10:29:25 PM »

1 sheet had to be pegged tightly in the wind  :o but it was soon dry.  No need to search for it though thanks Two Hoots for the offer  ;D

Nowt booked - yet. 

Nikkisyard

« Reply #369 on: October 18, 2018, 04:56:29 PM »

Off to York on Friday for 3 nights. Going for the BBC History weekend. Lots of time for shopping and sightseeing as well.

Oh that sounds great! Enjoy!!

LL I get it now :)
New Year sounds like it will be a dream...  I adore big family do's. Our villa is a 3 bed.. fine for if some of the family come but no chance if the whole tribe descend!... We are hoping for that next easter... might have to look out for some z-beds!

CLKD whats your ideal vacation?

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #370 on: October 18, 2018, 09:58:42 PM »

Enjoy shadyglade, have a great time.

CLKD

« Reply #371 on: October 18, 2018, 10:02:04 PM »

In bed.  Being waited on ........ lots of bubble baths ...........

I would love to go to the Italian Lakes but anxiety keeps me closer to home.  It is simply a lack of time ......... we get plenty of enjoyable days out though  ;) which means my own bath and bed each night.

Nikkisyard

« Reply #372 on: October 20, 2018, 10:55:21 AM »

In bed.  Being waited on ........ lots of bubble baths ...........

I would love to go to the Italian Lakes but anxiety keeps me closer to home.  It is simply a lack of time ......... we get plenty of enjoyable days out though  ;) which means my own bath and bed each night.

Weekends away at some of the UKs beautiful Guest Houses and B&Bs are what I used to love when I had a demanding 9-5... get to explore some exquisite corners of the country...  Splashing out on those with a lovely rolltop bath really topped it off for me...

Id like to explore the cities of the world now... totally need countryside/mountains but to dip into city life as a tourist is on my bucket list....

CLKD

« Reply #373 on: October 20, 2018, 02:29:50 PM »

Several years ago we thought about selling up, buying a small flat so that we could spend 6 months in an area of the UK to really find out what was on offer; then moving to another area for 6 months: but I love my garden too much  ;D

York is lovely.  So much history, one could live there and not see it all.  Chester is another place ........

Lanzalover

« Reply #374 on: October 22, 2018, 04:46:10 PM »

Going to Llandudno Friday lunch time for the weekend. Although DH says it's going to be cold 😳 I'll have to look out my winter clothes !!!

Lanzalover x
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 30