Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 30

Author Topic: Holidays 2018  (Read 65130 times)

Dierdre

Re: Holidays 2018
« Reply #285 on: September 01, 2018, 05:49:36 PM »

Back from hols in Lanzarote had amazing time, absolutely shattered it's hard keeping up with the younger family members but wouldnt have it any other way.  I can sleep now I'm back!  Had no problems whatsoever with atrophy while away which makes me now seriously consider an earlier retirement as my job sitting all day (even though I now have a custom built chair) is obviously the problem as well as the long hours, stress etc etc.sometimes 9 hours a day.  Going back to lanzarote again in October so have a lot of decisions to make.

shrosphirelass

« Reply #286 on: September 01, 2018, 07:19:12 PM »

Feeling really anxious about our Malta hol on Monday.Deep breaths!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #287 on: September 02, 2018, 10:31:05 AM »

I know that feeling too well.  We are having a day out on Wed. and my anxiety is up already  :'(

Katejo

« Reply #288 on: September 03, 2018, 07:10:10 PM »

Feeling really anxious about our Malta hol on Monday.Deep breaths!
  Hope you got away ok? I leave on Sunday for Bologna so my usual pre holiday worries are back.

Lanzalover

« Reply #289 on: September 03, 2018, 07:21:24 PM »

Hope everyone going away has a wonderful time .

Lanzalover x

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #290 on: September 04, 2018, 11:45:23 AM »

Everyone have a great time while away,
Hopefully stress free.
You all deserve it, so enjoy.....

Dierdre

« Reply #291 on: September 05, 2018, 05:55:09 PM »

Why do we all stress now when going away, I know I worry about the taxi being late, I check everything in my bag about 5 times on the way to the airport, I worry about being ill on holiday blah blah blah. When we were younger none of this stuff even crossed our minds, ever, we just didn't care or we were more positive in our thinking. Why do we over think everything and usually negatively..  If this is being older and wiser it sucks.

CLKD

« Reply #292 on: September 05, 2018, 06:01:23 PM »

I have always been anxious about any changes in the household  :-\

loveydovey

« Reply #293 on: September 07, 2018, 12:41:07 PM »

Exactly Deirdre
Why do we keep worrying over silky little things.
It's an awful feeling.
I can't stop myself. ???

Dierdre

« Reply #294 on: September 07, 2018, 05:47:49 PM »

When we get there I usually have a great time and wonder why I was worrying,  but then a day or two before coming home it all starts again. It spoils the excitement of going away and also the last couple of days of the holiday. I wish I could think more positively and not always expect the worst to happen because 9 times out of 10 it don't. I've noticed people that do think positive about everything seem to have more stress free lives, I'm going to try it.

CLKD

« Reply #295 on: September 08, 2018, 02:42:44 AM »

I still wish that I could whizz through my holiday and get home, so that I know if I've been OK - then go back and really enjoy it [clear as mud?]

Hurdity

« Reply #296 on: September 08, 2018, 08:03:31 PM »

Couldn't sleep CLKD?

I often get funny tum when abroad (husband never does!) and don't go anywhere without my Immodium - always does the trick, along with my trusty indigestion tabs for when I wake in the night and can't sleep from too much rich food. It's all part of the holiday  ::). I'm like a travelling medicine cabinet - fortunately don't need to use half of it but it's a comfort blanket to have it all there including the migraine tabs, various pain-killers, Lemsip, alkaseltzer, HRT (patches, Utrogestan, Tesosterone gel, vagifem) )  ;D

Seems a long time ago since my last proper hol.....(early August!!!). Not got another one until next year now and nothing planned except in July....

Hurdity x

shrosphirelass

« Reply #297 on: September 11, 2018, 07:34:54 PM »

I'm back safe and sound. I was so anxious before mainly because of flying and worrying whether I would be well or not and how hot it would be. Well I hated flying though it was smooth, no delays etc. I played a 2 hour game of scrabble with OH on plane to take my mind off it so the journey went pretty quick. It was awfully hot, too hot for me and even OH who doesn't mind the heat found it too much especially as we are explorers rathers than sitters on beaches. Should have gone in April! My fault for assuming it would be cooler in September not 35 degrees! As for being unwell I felt great and Malta is a really beautiful, interesting place.

I feel just like you CLKD that I'd like to wizz through and know everything is all ok so I could really realax.

Have decided though, no more planes, unless really short flights. It's not worth acute anxiety for at least 4 days and there's so many beautiful places in the UK. Next year Edinburgh on the train (don't like cars either!!)

Hope everyone's hols have gone well

CLKD

« Reply #298 on: September 11, 2018, 07:44:52 PM »

:thankyou:  Shropshirelass - you get it!

Was the 'bit' in-between OK?  We have a list of places to visit in the UK here somewhere  ::)

shrosphirelass

« Reply #299 on: September 11, 2018, 08:18:05 PM »

Yeah the bit in between was pretty good, thanks, but it was stiffling. Having an evening meal by the sea was lovely as the temperature and humidity dropped down a bit

We plan to do Leeds as well as Edinburgh next year as I've never been. We'll also go to Harlech as that's one of our usual haunts. Any places in the UK you'd recommend CLKD?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 30