Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 30

Author Topic: Holidays 2018  (Read 62915 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Holidays 2018
« Reply #210 on: August 02, 2018, 02:30:13 PM »

Because mainland Europeans wouldn't put up with it.  They would pack up and move to another hotel.  I have done that in the past in the UK  ...... can't remember why but we simply upped and went the next morning  :-\.  We have also done so abroad, when camping: if the stand over the hole in the ground loos weren't spotless  :o, we moved to the next site ! 

Shadyglade

« Reply #211 on: August 06, 2018, 07:33:06 AM »

Rome is definitely on our list for next year, or the year after ::).  Have a lovely time.

We are off in 10 days to do a river cruise on the Danube.  Fly to Budapest then down to Vienna and back again.  Really looking forward to it but looks like the weather will be 30 degrees plus.  Oh well should be used to it by now.  Packing lots of shorts and tee shirts and the boat is fully air conned.

Love river cruising.  Lots of scenery and no sea sickness. :sick02:

CLKD

« Reply #212 on: August 06, 2018, 11:36:07 AM »

Enjoy your trips Girls  :foryou:

>wave< Daisydot ............

No plans for us.  TOO warm.  Too much to do in the garden each evening, plus keeping the ponds topped up.  We haven't been to Bath for 20+ years ......... so many places to see, so little time  ::)

shrosphirelass

« Reply #213 on: August 06, 2018, 03:21:11 PM »

Hi all,
I'm new on here. Hope you all enjoy what ever breaks you have planned. We are off to Malta in September for a week. This is really adventurous for me as I don't like flying! and I am leaving the house under the care of my 19 year old son who has lots of friends who like to party! I had a good day back in March and thought I can do it!! My earliest memories are of Malta as my dad was stationed there. I'm just hoping my anxieties don't spoil it.

dulciana

« Reply #214 on: August 06, 2018, 06:22:00 PM »

Fingers crossed for you, Shropshirelass!  Maybe take a lavender bag along with you?  (I do, for anxiety purposes)

Hope you have a great time - and welcome to the forum!   :welcomemm:

Dulciana
x

CLKD

« Reply #215 on: August 06, 2018, 10:57:03 PM »

I would be worrying about leaving a 19 year old home alone  :o!  Does your Insurance cover teen parties?

It's too hot even to think of going anywhere right now  ::).  Fortunately we have shade around the plot so we can get out of the  :sunny:.  If I went away and was unable to go out and about I would feel the trip was wasted  ::).  Next week however  >:( :D

Shadyglade

« Reply #216 on: August 07, 2018, 05:59:45 AM »

Goodness CLKD, 19 is a adult. I was married at 20. :o

Taz2

« Reply #217 on: August 07, 2018, 09:25:55 AM »

Two weeks on Saturday and counting here we come Rome,can't wait to see how much of it I remember lol it's been years since my last trip there.last time I went I got talking to the lady who feeds the feral cats at the coliseum,the government pays her to look after them as it helps keep the vermin down,I wonder if she's still doing it ,that's on my to do list I'll load up my suitcase with stinky cat food lol I also got told you now have to pay to go into St. Peter's square so again be interesting to see if that's factual.We are going by legers luxuria coach this time,no flying,the coaches are just beautiful so well thought out for touring.very excited 😘/ Jeanie
[/quote

She's still doing it! The sanctuary is called Torre Argentina Cats Sanctuary. I've got a sweatshirt from the shop. Website used to be www.gattidiroma.com. or romancats.org

Taz x  :cat48: :cat48:

CLKD

« Reply #218 on: August 07, 2018, 10:32:28 AM »

I was in love by 16  ;D.  Engaged at 21.  Married 8 months later  :-* :-*

However.  Adult or not ............. I would be wary!  OK in his own property  :-X maybe leave him the phone number of a local cleaning Company  ;)

shrosphirelass

« Reply #219 on: August 07, 2018, 04:12:52 PM »

I would be worrying about leaving a 19 year old home alone  :o!  Does your Insurance cover teen parties?

It's too hot even to think of going anywhere right now  ::).  Fortunately we have shade around the plot so we can get out of the  :sunny:.  If I went away and was unable to go out and about I would feel the trip was wasted  ::).  Next week however  >:( :D

He is good at feeding the cat though and at least I wont have to listen to his friends slamming the door as they go to the toilet until 5.00am three days a week when I'm not here. That's me being super positive!

shrosphirelass

« Reply #220 on: August 07, 2018, 04:14:36 PM »

Goodness CLKD, 19 is a adult. I was married at 20. :o

Haha, I had two kids by 20! Such a long time ago

Shadyglade

« Reply #221 on: August 07, 2018, 05:18:38 PM »

Gosh, aren't we getting old.  :-[

Dierdre

« Reply #222 on: August 07, 2018, 06:20:24 PM »

Off to Lanzarote next week, can't wait to see my family. There's seven of us going including grandchildren and staying for about 3 weeks. Stocked up on all my meds and will remember to keep in the fridge! I think it will actually feel cooler there with the wind and if not there's always the sea.  8)

Lanzalover

« Reply #223 on: August 07, 2018, 06:56:22 PM »

3 weeks in Lanzarote that's my idea of heaven I'm sure you'll all have a great time.
Any room in your luggage for me  ;D

Lanzalover x

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #224 on: August 07, 2018, 08:06:37 PM »

Funny thing is Deirdre,
My OH, said today that he'd love a long holiday in lanzarote for about
3 weeks! What a coincidence..........lol
He loves that place, would love to live there permanently.
Maybe one day.....
Enjoy it, hope you have a great time.....

Jdx
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 30