Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 30

Author Topic: Holidays 2018  (Read 62908 times)

littleminnie

Re: Holidays 2018
« Reply #195 on: July 30, 2018, 07:03:32 AM »

4 weeks today I'll be leaving for Rome ,Pompeii and Capri for 9 days,very excited.no flying this time we've booked a luxuria coach trip with all the tours, these are my favourite kind of holidays,nice bit of culture and fabulous shopping 😂😘

Take a lot of money if you want to shop in Capri. It is very expensive.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #196 on: July 30, 2018, 05:42:05 PM »

Good one jeaniewigs.

That's what moneys for,....to spend...
That's what I say to OH anyway...
He says , as soon as I get it , you spend it....lol
Enjoy your holiday, xx

littleminnie

« Reply #197 on: July 30, 2018, 05:46:59 PM »

I'm on it littleminnie plans are being made as we speak  :rofl:😘

You going to rob a bank?  :)

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #198 on: July 30, 2018, 05:55:10 PM »

She'll need to if it's that expensive.... :o

:peace:

Lanzalover

« Reply #199 on: July 31, 2018, 09:28:17 AM »

Back home now we had a good time despite the weather 💦 🌊 ☔️

Lanzalover x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #200 on: July 31, 2018, 12:23:01 PM »

How was the weather then Lanzalover  ???

Lanzalover

« Reply #201 on: July 31, 2018, 03:00:23 PM »

How was the weather then Lanzalover

COLD WINDY and WET (apart from a couple hours on Sunday evening)  :-\

Lanzalover x

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #202 on: July 31, 2018, 06:26:25 PM »

Ohh never mind lanzalover,  :-\
At least you got to get away for a few days...
Just dream of the next time your in lanzarote.....
Which is where I plan to be for next years holiday.  Lol  ;D ;D ;D :banana:

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #203 on: July 31, 2018, 06:53:16 PM »

Looks like we will be having a second holiday this year in September. Not sure when or where yet but it will be abroad.

CLKD

« Reply #204 on: July 31, 2018, 08:26:24 PM »

How lovely PF! 

That's because you aren't used to stay-cation Lanzalover  ;)

Lanzalover

« Reply #205 on: August 01, 2018, 06:05:53 AM »

Morning

I do like weekends away in this country if you could be guaranteed good weather we probably wouldn't go abroad as the UK has some really beautiful places for holidays/long weekends.
We are having a long weekend in Bath next month and Llandudno in October fingers crossed the weather is kinder.

Lucky you PF September is a lovely month to holiday in Europe.

Lanzalover x

Dierdre

« Reply #206 on: August 01, 2018, 07:10:40 AM »

Even with the hot weather here I still prefer to go abroad for the food, the more relaxed way of life at a much slower pace, the child friendly restaurants and bars and the clear warm blue sea. Also your money goes a lot further.  8)

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #207 on: August 01, 2018, 07:19:04 AM »

I like to go abroad because the hotels are better, everywhere is cleaner, the weather is more guaranteed and its excellent value for money. 

I have taken many breaks in this country and stayed in hotels and they really are not a patch on hotels abroad.  I did enough holidaying in this country when the kids were small and money was tight!

CLKD

« Reply #208 on: August 01, 2018, 09:00:24 PM »

We don't, complain enough  ::).  I don't think that we say 'thank you' to those in service industries either.  We went to a Hotel in Brighton eversomany years ago and the on-line photos were great, think that they had nicked them off someone else's website 'cos the place was run down and needed several coats of paint plus a bit of organisation as the staff were Bulgarian.  However.  It was the most comfy place we had stayed in a long time  ;D and on the back of that weekend we bought our Very Large Bed  :D.  I did have a chat to the Owner about the lack of organisation and he thanked me - they were new and he put my points forwards whilst we were having breakfast the next morning.  Quiet civilised.

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #209 on: August 02, 2018, 08:02:17 AM »

We don't, complain enough  ::).  I don't think that we say 'thank you' to those in service industries either.  We went to a Hotel in Brighton eversomany years ago and the on-line photos were great, think that they had nicked them off someone else's website 'cos the place was run down and needed several coats of paint plus a bit of organisation as the staff were Bulgarian.  However.  It was the most comfy place we had stayed in a long time  ;D and on the back of that weekend we bought our Very Large Bed  :D.  I did have a chat to the Owner about the lack of organisation and he thanked me - they were new and he put my points forwards whilst we were having breakfast the next morning.  Quiet civilised.

My daughter and I stayed in a hotel in Bournemouth overlooking the sea.  the room we were given looked out on the car park. It was tiny. When you opened the bathroom door it actually hit the bed.  Every single drawer was broken. The room stank of mould. The wooden window frames were rotten. the wallpaper was all hanging off around the windows.  The bathroom was like something out of the 60s with the most ancient  shower head you ever saw with just a trickle of water coming out.  All the tiles were slimey and cracked.  We complained and they said they had no other rooms. I sent photos to the coach company we booked with and by the next morning we were given a large room with sea view, cane furniture etc.  It was by no means perfect but a lot better.  I have never encountered poor quality rooms like this abroad.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 30