Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 30

Author Topic: Holidays 2018  (Read 62481 times)

Hurdity

Re: Holidays 2018
« Reply #150 on: May 16, 2018, 01:51:07 PM »

Tickettysplit (sounds like a train  ::) ) - my son used this all the time...ends up with a fist full of tickets! great if you're on a budget....

dulciana

« Reply #151 on: May 16, 2018, 08:31:24 PM »

Tickettysplit (sounds like a train  ::) )

It does, doesn't it Hurdity?  Very onomatopoeic!  :)

Well, I've got all my travel booked for my London organ course in a couple of months' time and I'm looking forward to it.  However, I'm also a bit worried about several things - I'm hoping there will be people of all ages there and not just 20-and-30-somethings; I'm hoping I don't get anxious or unwell; I hope I have the stamina for this intensive week; if it's hot, I hope I can stand the heat (I don't like heat); I hope I can pal-up with other course attendees so that I'm not negotiating London on my own; and I hope we'll all be safe.   (This is all because I can't hold Hubby's hand as he'll be back at home......!)
 Dulciana
 :)

Daisydot

« Reply #152 on: May 16, 2018, 08:39:44 PM »

1) buy a little hand held battery fan in case of heat
2) take a little first aid bag with you as a crutch I always do this.
3) The week of the trip rest up no food shopping stock up beforehand
4) plan a route before you go and write yourself a wee plan
5) if 1-2-3-4 fail you grab hubby and make him go with you he can go sightseeing as you said previously he likes that lol.
In any event go and enjoy and have fun life's too short for “what ifs” isn't it xx

dulciana

« Reply #153 on: May 16, 2018, 08:55:58 PM »

1) buy a little hand held battery fan in case of heat
2) take a little first aid bag with you as a crutch I always do this.
3) The week of the trip rest up no food shopping stock up beforehand
4) plan a route before you go and write yourself a wee plan
5) if 1-2-3-4 fail you grab hubby and make him go with you he can go sightseeing as you said previously he likes that lol.
In any event go and enjoy and have fun life's too short for “what ifs” isn't it xx

Oh thank you, Daisydot, this is so helpful - you've given me some great ideas here. 
Plan a route - yes, good point.  We'll be visiting organs in various churches across the city, so it would help to know where these are and how to reach them. 
And a small fan and first aid bag - yes indeed! 
I'd love to take Hubby with me, but he'll be back up here keeping an eye on my Dad. 
And you're right about going and having fun.  I mean, this is a week doing something I absolutely love!   :)
Dulciana

Daisydot

« Reply #154 on: May 16, 2018, 09:03:38 PM »

Good on you Dulciana a bit of forward planning saves us so much stress at the time doesn't it so you go and have the time of your life doing what you love doing,you sound like you'll have plenty to focus on and remember everyone will be in the same boat as you so your gonna look so impressive with all your ready made routes and plans on the day 😂 xx take care and enjoy xx

dulciana

« Reply #155 on: May 16, 2018, 09:09:47 PM »

Good on you Dulciana a bit of forward planning saves us so much stress at the time doesn't it so you go and have the time of your life doing what you love doing,you sound like you'll have plenty to focus on and remember everyone will be in the same boat as you so your gonna look so impressive with all your ready made routes and plans on the day 😂 xx take care and enjoy xx

:thankyou: Daisydot!
Dulciana
x

GiggsC

« Reply #156 on: May 17, 2018, 09:25:47 AM »

Hi I'm new here  :)

I just spotted this thread and thought how lovely it is, my holiday to Lanzarote in 10 weeks is one of the things that is keeping me going at the moment. I've been struggling a bit lately but the thought of a week's total relaxation in a villa (our own private space, yay) is wonderful.  ;D 8)

Daisydot

« Reply #157 on: May 17, 2018, 11:52:26 AM »

That's great GiggsC just keep looking forward and take your wee emergency kitbag with you for security,basic meds but remember in Spain the medics are superb and the pharmacies are so knowledgeable so don't worry about anything it can all be resolved very easily there.LanzaLover goes there a lot so I'm sure she'll answer any advice if you need to post questions,she knows it well .xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #158 on: May 17, 2018, 09:43:15 PM »

GOOGLE Maps are SO useful.  Put your hotel into the map and use the little yellow person to 'walk' the area.  You can get an idea of how far apart places are too by using the 'destination' facility.  Then make notes dulciana.

Have an emergency pack of biscuits etc. and eat B4 you  are hungry.  Even if it means that you eat less at proper meal times.  It won't matter for a few days.  Wear comfy shoes.  Keep bottles of water to hand.  Pain relief if necessary.  If all fails, grab a Taxi back to your lodgings. 

Welcome GiggsC - enjoy.

Lanzalover

« Reply #159 on: June 08, 2018, 08:01:42 PM »

Lanzarote tomorrow just need to pack now  ;D

Lanzalover

CLKD

« Reply #160 on: June 08, 2018, 08:22:17 PM »

Looks like we could have a condemium for Members from here ;-)

No plans yet.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #161 on: June 08, 2018, 09:17:26 PM »

Have a great time  lanzalover,you deserve it.
Have a drink for me,
Don't get burnt,

Jd x

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #162 on: June 08, 2018, 09:34:42 PM »

We are staying in Gran Canaria in very spacious bungalows at a hotel.  Spotlessly clean, near a nature reserve, 5 swimming pools, very good food etc.  We like to go in June before schools break up so its a bit quieter.

We usually go to Adults only hotels but this is a family hotel and to be fair its mainly babies and pre-schoolers although there are a handful of slightly older kids who have obviously been taken out of school. 

It hasn't spoilt our holiday but OMG some people let their kids screech, run around in the restaurant and dont seem to discipline them at all.  Theres a couple we often see with 2 little boys about 6 and 7.  At mealtimes both parents are either texting or glued to their phones and the kids are left to run around and help themselves to the buffet and then play about with their food.  There seems to be no family interaction at all and the boys are just ignored.  I have to take my hat off to the waitresses as people just walk away leaving all the debris that kids make all over the table or on the floor and they clear the whole lot up.

I probably sound an old fuddy duddy but its been a real eye opener for me as we made sure our children sat down properly when we ate out and certainly wouldnt let them run around or make a mess.

I think we will be back to Adults only next holiday but we are having a lovely holiday apart from this.  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #163 on: June 08, 2018, 09:56:41 PM »

A few years ago we took Mum a set of cafes on one floor.  Rooms can be made larger/smaller by using screens.  We were aware that there was a party for a 9 year old with lots of similar aged kids there.  One 'escaped' from the group and began pulling chairs around in the area we were sitting.  He wanted to get to the double doors onto the balcony but it meant pushing by our chair/table ............  :whist:  "Are you with the others in that room over there?" was my question. "Yep" was the reply.  "So I suggest that you go back on your own room and ask your family whether you can be in here with us and bring your father with you" .  He slowly wandered back, giving me a look ......... an adult arrived from that area so I shouted over "I think you have lost a child" ......... with all the protection legalities etc. ........

He began to wander back a few moments later so I half-rose from my chair ......... he skiddalled.  I won't put up with other peoples' children.  End of.  If parents appear to be on their gadgets I make a loud comment ...........

Daisydot

« Reply #164 on: June 09, 2018, 08:17:39 AM »

Have a great holiday LL hope the weathers fab for you xx
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 30