Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Venlafaxine - anxiety med - any positive stories?  (Read 5604 times)

Sgtvhilts

Re: Venlafaxine - anxiety med - any positive stories?
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2019, 08:14:45 PM »

HI,
Not tried Venlafaxine, but have tried most of the others! LOL
The best for me is and always has been Paroxitine.  It is not a favourite at the moment , because of withdrawal, but been on it best part of 30 years and I will have nothing said about it= it has saved me on many occasions and led to me doing things i woudl never have done (travelled the world etc ) due to crippling anxiety tipping into depression.  My view every time i post on this is you have to live the life you are given and to quote tesco!! every little helps.  If you had a chest infection then you woudl take the antibiotics-probably with no questions.  No difference here.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2019, 08:32:14 PM »

I agree.  Once I found a regime that works for me and my DH, I stuck to it.  With a bit of variation if depression threatens to take over.

Jules53

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2019, 09:00:41 PM »

Thanks ladies. Have just started back on Venlafaxine, which has worked for me twice before so fingers crossed 🤞

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2019, 09:04:48 PM »

:bighug:

Jules53

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2019, 10:02:43 PM »

Thanks CLKD😘. Will keep you posted x

Nairn

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2019, 10:08:22 PM »

Hi all

I posted the original message and just to update.  After a lot of thinking and research I decided not to take the Venlafaxine, as I was worried I would get dependant on it.  Very much a personal choice, so I've muddled through with trying to keep occupied (box sets, painting, reading) and using calms daytime and night time to help me sleep.  Sleep is critical as if I get less than 7 hours good sleep I look at the world through a dark lense and it's really easy to get into a bad sleep cycle.    If I get depressed, the one thing I need to do is go outside, as it's much worse when I am in the house - be that even just a drive - change the scenery and change the mindset.  The other thing is that the anxiety was giving me a really bad skin condition which I called stress vagina - weird but true, so if I control the stress the vaginal dryness/ skin improves and I now know to start a skin regime when it flares - and recognise that - with me my emotions drive everything so maintaining emotional balance is 90% of the battle.  It's not a perfect system but most of the time it works.  Hope that helps.  I would stress this was my personal choice and everyone will be different.  Currently I am still on Femonston 2/10 but I suspect that will change soon, so I may need to re-visit the decision but for now it works.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 10:11:14 PM by Nairn »
Pages: 1 [2]