Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Vitamin B12?  (Read 2886 times)

LoriPA

Vitamin B12?
« on: November 30, 2017, 07:04:35 PM »

I've been taking Vitamin B12 as part of my daily regimen and read that this supplement helps control menopausal stress. I noticed mood improvements and less night sweats, among a few other things.

What are your experiences if you use(d) Vitamin B12?

Dancinggirl

Re: Vitamin B12?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 10:08:50 PM »

B12 is a vital vitamin for all sorts of things. It is easy to be low in this vitamin as there aren't many foods rich in Vit B12.

I've not heard that this is necessarily going to improve meno stress but it will improve energy etc so that would make one feel better generally.  Dg x

Kathleen

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 05:25:14 PM »

Hello LoriPA.

I think all B vitamins are supposed to be good for your nerves and vegans are always told to take B12. As these vitamins are water soluble they don't accumulate in the body,  any extra is  just pee'd out lol.

Take care.

K.

bramble

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2017, 10:31:36 PM »

I read a study a few months ago that large doses of vit B helps migraines, specifically cluster headaches. Coincidentally my cluster headaches started getting a lot more frequent in the year I had stopped taking vit B just for general purposes. I restarted it 3 months ago and today was the first time I have had a really bad cluster headache in those 3 months. Coincidence or not?
Bramble