Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14

Author Topic: Citalopram  (Read 35693 times)

Yammy1

Re: Citalopram
« Reply #165 on: January 14, 2018, 07:37:50 PM »

Hi all. Hope everyone is well. I got back from Lanzarote on Thursday night and I have to say It was a nice holiday, poor hubby got flu before we went and I got bad cold for a few days but it was a nice break. I'm still taking ads and although I'm not out of the woods yet and still have blips, I can honestly feel that i am defineatly  feeling better than before I started them. I was able a have a few drinkies on hols and no problems at all. For the first time in a long time I feel the old me is starting to come back, slowly,  but it's a start. Once again I hope you are all well and enjoying the new year x
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 08:39:02 PM by Yammy1 »

Samade

« Reply #166 on: January 14, 2018, 10:03:52 PM »

So glad to hear you had a nice time. It's great that you're noticing an improvement :). Remember you may get some low days but you should get more and more good days.  So pleased you're moving in the right direction

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #167 on: January 15, 2018, 12:01:50 PM »

Little steps!   I had to make sure that when feeling better I didn't take on too much otherwise anxiety would swamp me.   :foryou:

Yammy1

« Reply #168 on: January 15, 2018, 06:32:52 PM »

Hi all, just reading back on this post and realised I have come a long way. Only slight anxiety in the mornings now and although my heart has been skipping beats and jumping all over the place the past few hours I didn't panic. It's not a nice meno symptom and one I haven't had for a while but it will pass. I must take note of when this happens and see if there's a pattern. Hope all are well and looking forward to brighter, better days ahead x

CLKD

« Reply #169 on: January 15, 2018, 07:12:35 PM »

Little steps ...........

Clare11

« Reply #170 on: January 15, 2018, 07:21:12 PM »

:) Good to see the progress. 😁

CLKD

« Reply #171 on: January 16, 2018, 02:00:47 PM »

How R U Clare11?

Yammy1

« Reply #172 on: January 31, 2018, 12:05:21 AM »

11 weeks on citalopram and just thought I'd give an update. Well I have to say I am about 80% back to my old self. I can't Beleive the difference in my anxiety since I first started ads. I know the first month or so was hell but I'm so glad I stuck with them. I'm still on 10mg which is a low dose but I'm doing really well. I have the odd blip but the morning anxiety is gone and I feel I can cope with the every day stresses that floored me in The past. I'm not saying ads are the answer for everyone but they  have given me my life back and for the first time in a very long time I am looking forward x

Samade

« Reply #173 on: January 31, 2018, 08:50:04 AM »

That's really good, wish they would discover a way where we didn't have to get worse before we get better. Well done for toughing it out.

CLKD

« Reply #174 on: January 31, 2018, 01:25:43 PM »

Yammy - that is such good news!  :foryou:

Yammy1

« Reply #175 on: January 31, 2018, 04:46:12 PM »

Thank you ladies, I know I'm not there yet but I'm on my way x

Snoooze

« Reply #176 on: January 31, 2018, 05:36:04 PM »

Excellent news Yammy. I'm pleased for you and that you managed to stick with the AD's, it will give hope to others that if you perservere with them they will work.

Aquarius

« Reply #177 on: February 08, 2018, 06:35:03 PM »

Went to see doc this morning and explained how anxious and down i'm feeling. She prescribed citalopram, and even though 10mg is the lowest dose she said to cut in half and try 5mg for a few weeks and see how i get on. They are  tiny and the chemist kindly cut them in half for me so I just took first one and hoping they will help, I explained to doc that I was having chest pain and left arm pain but when I told her my left shoulder has been extremely painful when I move in certain ways she did a few tests (painful i may add) and diagnosed frozen shoulder, I have gel to rub on four times a day and exercises to do, she said it could take months to get better and i should have told her earlier. I really hope citalopram works and doc said it's often prescribed for menopause as it helps with anxiety and hot flushes. She started me off on such a low dose as she knows my tummy is sensitive to change, Here's hoping this is the start of the road to recovery. Will keep  you all posted

Yammy1

« Reply #178 on: February 14, 2018, 01:08:27 AM »

Three months on and I honestly feel Im Turning a corner regarding my anxiety. I still have 'moments' or blips from time to time but I am now , for the first time In a very long time getting my life back. I've just spent a weekend away with a group of friends and I really enjoyed it, am heading to Malta on 1st of March and am not dreading it like I usually would. I'm not saying citalopram or any ads are the answer for everyone but they have really Helped me and just wanted to share my experience.

Lanzalover

« Reply #179 on: February 14, 2018, 06:48:17 AM »

Hi Yammy1

I've only just read this thread and it's lovely to hear you feel you have turned a corner and are now starting to get your life back long may it continue.

Take care of yourself and enjoy your holiday in Malta ☀️

Love Lanzalover.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14