Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14

Author Topic: Citalopram  (Read 35668 times)

Yammy1

Citalopram
« on: November 13, 2017, 02:24:20 PM »

Went to see doc this morning and explained how anxious and down i'm feeling. She prescribed citalopram, and even though 10mg is the lowest dose she said to cut in half and try 5mg for a few weeks and see how i get on. They are  tiny and the chemist kindly cut them in half for me so I just took first one and hoping they will help, I explained to doc that I was having chest pain and left arm pain but when I told her my left shoulder has been extremely painful when I move in certain ways she did a few tests (painful i may add) and diagnosed frozen shoulder, I have gel to rub on four times a day and exercises to do, she said it could take months to get better and i should have told her earlier. I really hope citalopram works and doc said it's often prescribed for menopause as it helps with anxiety and hot flushes. She started me off on such a low dose as she knows my tummy is sensitive to change, Here's hoping this is the start of the road to recovery. Will keep  you all posted

dazned

Re: Citalopram
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 03:02:07 PM »

Hope you get some relief soon . :)

Annie0710

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 03:14:14 PM »

Oh Yammy I really hope this gives you a break of how anxious you've been feeling.  Keep checking in daily with how you're feeling.  It can help others AND act as a mood diary for you to look back on (I wish I'd done a diary of what I'm using and how I feel as my memory Is bleugh) x

Yammy1

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 03:17:10 PM »

Thank you both, I really am trying to be as optimistic as I can, I will keep a diary and let you all know how I get on

Yammy1

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 04:31:13 PM »

Should get it checked by doc sparkle, I'm so annoyed I ignored it for months.

Snoooze

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 05:29:47 PM »

Good luck Yammy, am really hoping the AD works for you and look forward to reading of your progress.

Out of curiousity, what sort of tests did Dr do to diagnose frozen shoulder as since last week, I'm having a lot of pain in my right shoulder, front of chest, down arm? Having trouble washing my hair then last night while drying hair with hairdryer, shoulder started hurting again.

Yammy1

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2017, 05:43:48 PM »

Hi snoooze, not quite sure but she pressed certain points and had me try move arm in different ways, not sure if this helps but she was able to diagnose frozen shoulder . I nearly hit the roof at one point she touched. Thank you for kind wishes, I'm feeling a bit jittery since taking first tablet but that's me, I panic when trying anything new. I'm determined to stick with them and give them a good go. One thing for sure I can't go in the way I was feeling.

Snoooze

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2017, 06:00:22 PM »

I haven't liked to say as don't want to jinx it but going through an OK period at the moment which is a minor miracle. Had a small blip at weekend but talked myself out of it!

When you take the tablet, just pretend it's a paracetomol or something and don't let your mind go there (easier said than done!).

x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2017, 06:05:23 PM »

Frozen shoulder takes 2 years to heal.  That is: if the body stays completely still.  However: we breath; sneeze; turn over in bed ...... so the body is never still.  Maybe refer yourself to physio. for exercises specific to frozen shoulder.   My Mum had to lean forwards when standing and use a stirring motion gradually rising to an up-right position still stirring.

If the Doctor presses the correct point,  :o the patient has to be peeled off the ceiling!

I take my 10mg AD at night so that any side effects happen at a more restful time.  I also take 5mg with breakfast.  Do let us know how you get on!

Kathleen

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2017, 07:25:47 PM »

Hello Yammy 1.

I hope the ADs work for you and you feel better soon.

Snooze -  I 've always kept a diary and it's reassuring to see a record of the good times lol. It's  comforting to know that they are even possible. Whenever I feel ' normal' it's as if I am coming up for air and I  resolve to enjoy it while I can.

Take care ladies.

K.

Yammy1

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2017, 07:49:07 PM »

Snoooze so glad to hear your feeling well, long may it last. CLKD I did hit the roof when doctor touches a certain spot and one of the exercises she gave was the lean forward,stirring one. She said to take ad in the mining but if it doesn't agree with me I'll take it at night.
Kathleen thank you for kind words, chunking tummy shortly after taking ad but it didn't last too long, so fingers crossed

rebel2

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2017, 08:27:49 PM »

Good luck Yammy.

On the frozen shoulder front - I had this four years ago.  Literally woke up one day unable to move my right arm up [and I mean it was paralysed].  Went to doctors, got major pain killers and was told to keep it still - doctor said it was a really, really severe case and I might eventually need surgery.   Needed pain killers at night as it was agony.  A week later, no better so went to sports physio in desperation.  She gave me a series of exercises that needed a resistance band [you can get one from Amazon or Decathlon].   I had to do them twice a day until it got better.  I did them without fail and bit by bit I could move my arm more each day.   Two weeks later I was completely cured. 

I asked physio why the treatment she gave wasn't prescribed and she said it was due to budget cuts.  She also said that she could almost guarantee to cure frozen shoulder with exercise regime.

Let me know if you want further info - I really think I would be crippled now if I hadn't gone to her.

Yammy1

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2017, 08:44:20 PM »

Thank you so much rebel2, your very kind. I will give the exercises doc gave me a try for a week or so. But if they don't work yes please if you wouldn't mind I'll get back to you for more info. Hope yr feel good well

Kathleen

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2017, 08:49:43 PM »

Hello ladies.

I haven't had this myself ( but hey, there's still time lol) but my friend had this condition. She was referred to a physio by her GP but was told the number of sessions available would be inadequate so she would need to book extra appointments privately. My friend did this and her problems resolved but where would she have been if she couldn't afford the extra treatment or been unable to find a physio available? A two tier health service coming to a town near you...

Take care everyone.

K.

Yammy1

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2017, 09:04:23 PM »

Tell me about it Kathleen, I live in Ireland and although I'm on disability and unable to work I'm not entitled to a medical card because my husband works. The fact that I worked for years means nothing  >:( so I have to pay for doctor visits and prescriptions, I really don't think we can stretch to a physio.hopefully by using the difene spray and exercising I'll be ok
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14