Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: New and needing advice  (Read 1182 times)

Dotty

New and needing advice
« on: November 11, 2017, 11:19:22 AM »

Hi  I am 53 and my last period was 3 years ago.  I have had hot flushes for 5 years but about 4 months ago everything went mad....hot flushes day and night, racing heart, feeling very ill, total exhaustion, horrific nausea (which started before I went onto hrt), can't stop crying, no appetite.  I have been on  a low dose conti HRT pill for 3 weeks, but have felt no better.  I have just had the hrt increased to a 2mg conti.  I have had every blood test going and they are all fine.

I am absolutely desperate to feel better as I am not able to do anything or go anywhere as I feel so ill, weak and woozy.  Can someone relate to what I'm saying and reassure me that this will get better.

Thank you.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: New and needing advice
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 04:27:37 PM »

Yep.   :welcomemm:

Some ladies find keeping a mood/food/symptom diary useful.  To chart the 'better' days!  Browse round.  Make notes.

HORMONES  >:(  ::) - what ever a Medic might tell you, menopause can cause nausea similar to that caused by pregnancy.  As oestrogen levels drop so muscles may become lax = aches and pains: also the body may become dry - skin, nostrils, deep in the ears, eyes, vagina  :o - we have threads aplenty on the latter  :( .

Maybe think which symptom you would like to ease first?

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 04:34:45 PM »

Hi CLKD
Thanks for your reply. I am keeping a diary of symptoms and flushes. The low dose hrt stopped the day flushes but didn't touch the night ones.

I just want to feel well again x

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 04:39:11 PM »

It's The Change ......... when we become aware of feeling generally 'unwell' as hormones rise and fall  >:(.  Cortisol? can be a problem in the early hours which may be the trigger for your 'night' flushes?

Dotty

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2017, 04:48:16 PM »

I'm hoping that the higher dose hrt will stop the night flushes.

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2017, 04:56:45 PM »

Let us know!  The body doesn't get where it is suddenly, so HRT may take a while B4 the body shows signs of up-take.  I know that when I want to feel better I want that yesterday  ::) - patience gene missed me I think  ;)

Dotty

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2017, 05:49:33 PM »

As I am post menopausal , will it take longer for me to feel the changes?