Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Having ovarian pain and period every 2 weeks  (Read 1697 times)

Lady Daviot

Having ovarian pain and period every 2 weeks
« on: November 10, 2017, 08:12:31 PM »

Hi Ladies, just looking for some advise. I am 48 and still have periods from time to time and they vary from nothing for 4 months to now every month ( this has been the pattern for the last 3 months ) and now 10 days after finishing my last period, I had some fresh blood this morning and ovarian pain like I was ovulating. It is probably par for the course with peri but I have had an ovarian cyst about the size of an orange removed when I was 18, so I am always cautious and of course in peri the lovely HA sends me to search out Dr Google. Any comments welcome. 

Lady Daviot

Re: Having ovarian pain and period every 2 weeks
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 08:52:09 PM »

Thanks Sparkle, I will get call back from GP as it takes forever to get app at our surgery and I try not to let me HA run away with me, hence why asking on here if anybody else had similar experience.

Hothothot

Re: Having ovarian pain and period every 2 weeks
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 06:28:55 PM »

Hi Lady D,

I had a very similar experience to you, just about a year later. I had skipped the odd period here and there over the previous 2 years, but then suddenly had 3 periods in the space of less than 2 months. I have always had awful ovulation pain (endometriosis), and this really ramped up during those two years too, and often lasted for over a week. Following the 'several periods close together' episode, I went 8 months without ovulation, and so no period, but that was when the hot flushes started with a vengeance, and hrt was the only thing that helped.

I think that the pattern of missed, and then overly frequent periods is fairly normal in perimenopause. I did have a referral to gynae for a scan during that time because there was a suspicion of ovarian cysts, but it was all clear - just fluctuating hormones.

I hope this helps, and puts your mind at rest. Definitely worth checking with your GP if you still have concerns though.

:)