Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Anyone tried Sage?  (Read 10437 times)

Jenna

Re: Anyone tried Sage?
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2017, 12:02:00 PM »

There is also a warning about sage under the 'Natural Alternatives to HRT' section on this site:

"SAGE This herb can be taken as a tea or as an extract in tablet form to help with hot flushes. There are studies ongoing into its effectiveness but does seem to have a regulating effect on hormones. Caution with HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE and if taking TAMOXIFEN"

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/otherpreps.php

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2017, 12:44:21 PM »

You are a Mine of Info.  :lol:

Harry Bear1

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2017, 08:12:16 PM »

Hi, I am very new to the forum and great to be able to stories that I can relate to and share my,own experiences.

I have just finished taking my first 60 ‘Sage Leaf Extract' tablets by SOLGAR with a combination of sage tea brewed from fresh sage leaves. I can't say my hot flushes have completely disappeared, but I don't get as many episodes as I used to. However, I have also been taking Cleanmarine Menomin capsules, which have krill oil blended with B vitamins, Folate, Biotin and Soya Isoflavones. The other vitamin I take is vitasorb B12 liquid vitamin. I don't drink alcohol anymore as it triggers my hot flushes.

I had to have a blood test two weeks ago as I felt that my hot flushes were becoming a nuisance. The results revealed that my Serum FSH level value is 60 (high). Have been prescribed HRT tablets - which I am not keen to take and have tried taking a couple of tablets and had bad side effects.

The point is having taken a range of natural tablets I am still getting hot flushes. But do try Sage and see how it might help you.  ;)

P.S. Harry Bear is one of my favourite bear

Bea66

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2017, 08:56:49 PM »

Well I'm delighted to report that my hot flushes seem to be fewer and milder after around ten days of taking Ultra Sage, which means I am only waking once or twice a night now!  Fingers crossed! 

Samade

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2017, 10:34:30 AM »

I tried ultra sage on the  unofficial recommendation of my menopause consultant. I found it worked really well for about 6 weeks and then the effect seemed to just stop and I was back to square one.
Hope it works for you, I tend to find herbal alternatives only offer temporary relief but hey relief is relief

tazerqueen

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2018, 05:32:30 PM »

For what it's worth-

I worked for Holland and Barrett for 18 months and had to do a lot of study of many different types of products. I was already aware of sage as a treatment for hot flushes and so many women would come up to me asking for help with menopause symptoms. I pretty much always recommended sage, black cohosh and specific menopause vitamins and a few times ladies would come back in to thank me for me suggestion as the products had definitely helped them.

What worked for me was being pre-emptive, when I was in my late 40s I started taking MenoSeren as I didn't want to be knocked siedways by menopause. What happened was that I had nearly no symptoms and I'm fairly certain it was down to the supplements. I also have been taking EPO for years, still do.
Hope this helps,

Maria
Pages: 1 [2]