Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: HELP....am in dire straits with never ending list  (Read 17577 times)

Annie0710

Re: HELP....am in dire straits with never ending list
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2017, 10:29:14 AM »

ID say it's got to get easier the more past meno you get as surely your body would get accustomed to the lack of hormones.  Not saying ladies without hrt will feel great (not saying that FOR the hrt ladies either !) but surely things will calm and settle.  Hrt wasn't helping me in peri but now post there is definitely an improvement x

Bj118

« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2017, 03:57:12 PM »

Hiya Annie0710,

Many thanks for your assurance.....
Just can't imagine going through all these daily.....to be honest, it's driving me crazy!!! There are ladies here who have put up with all these for years.....really take my hats off to these ladies....

Am sad, miserable and worse of all, constant anxiety.......it's exhausting putting up with one thing after another.... :'( :'( :'(

Have a good weekend. Take care, Annie, Bj

Annie0710

« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2017, 05:22:49 PM »

Have you tried ADs or whatever for your anxiety? I think sometimes if you feel better one way it can make other symptoms more bearable

Hope you manage to enjoy your weekend xx

Bj118

« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2017, 02:23:25 PM »

Hello Annie,

Thank you for taking your time to chat with me. I feel so alone going through all these....

Yes, my dr has put me on Alpralozam and she said to give it one or two weeks. If I still find it difficult to handle my emotions, Venlafaxine was suggested to me. Have no idea if this is alright!

Hope that you are having a good weekend.

Take care, Bj

Annie0710

« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2017, 03:01:23 PM »

Bj I think you might feel rough in the early weeks of ADs, but don't give up on them, be kind to yourself and hopefully you'll then feel the benefits xx

Hurdity

« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2017, 05:10:35 PM »

Hi again Bj118

I haven't heard of that one (Alpralozam) but I've just had a look and it is one of the benzos which I understand can be addictive,  if used all the time long term - but maybe you've been given it for a short time? I don't really know anything about these although I do know several women who have had problems withdrawing from benzos in menopause.

If you want to take something for hot flushes and sweats too (as well as menopausal anxiety), I would have thought ideally you want to take one recommended for women who have had breast cancer, so if one tablet will do that then all the better?  Venlafaxine was mentioned in the paper I linked to earlier in this thread.

Here is the relevant extract from that paper:

Since paroxetine is the SSRI with the best evidence for efficacy effective at 10 mg daily, it is the SSRI of choice for patients not taking tamoxifen and the more usual 20 mg dose chosen if an antidepressant effect is also required.

Venlafaxine is the preferred treatment for breast cancer survivors taking tamoxifen, and at 75 mg, there is significant reduction in hot flushes with concomitant improvement in fatigue, mental health and sleep disturbance.

I hope this helps and not wanting to cause you any upset by suggesting something other than your doctor has recommended ...

Hurdity x

Bj118

« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2017, 01:40:42 PM »

Hello Hurdity,

Many thanks for your kind reply. Of course not.....am not upset at all....in fact, I really appreciate that you took your time to share your opinions and links, that I have found most helpful.

Actually, my dr put me on Alpralozam for 2 weeks because she said that firstly, this is to settle my high anxiety which could also be causing other issues like lack of sleep, heart palpitations, my emotional state, etc. After which, she suggested that I should take Venlafaxine. Have a follow up appointment by next week.

On a daily basis, am still struggling with all the symptoms. My latest addition of headaches, nausea, dizziness/floating are persistent.....hot flushes are not giving me a break at all.

You must have heard this a zillion times......am struggling to cope and am such a miserable cow!

Thank you once again,

Bj
« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2017, 10:21:35 PM »

Yes bj I can sympaths with you mine are headache, Lightheadeness the off balance feeling and nausea. It's just so hard to work with all this going on. Hopefuly it will soon subside take care lv catkins  ::)

Bj118

« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2017, 03:29:40 PM »

Hiya Catkins,
Reading your message makes me feel sad that you are also going through the same symptoms as mine.  :'(
I too really sympathise with you.....
You are absolutely correct.....it's really hard to work with all these going on.  :-\
You are strong.....you have put up with all the side effects for so many years without even taking any medications. Here I am struggling with these plus my anxiety is over the roof......
Thanks for your message.....
Take care, Bj

Bj118

« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2017, 10:24:04 AM »

Hello Yammy1,

How are you? Hope that you are keeping well

You said that you are taking Xanax.... if you don't mind me asking, how much mg is your dosage? Does it help with your anxiety? Is there any side effects?

Appreciate if you could kindly share. Thank you very much, Bj

Yammy1

« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2017, 02:14:50 PM »

Hi bj,day three of 5 mg of citalopram and my anxiety hit the roof shortly after starting it, even on such a low dose. I am taking half of a 250 mg Xanax very low dose but it is taking the edge off. I am very aware that  Xanax is addictive and I only intend to take it when I absolutly need it. I'm hoping the citalopram will start working in the next week or so. I hope this helps x

Bj118

« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2017, 08:45:35 AM »

Thank you, Yammy1, for your kind answer.

Hope that you will feel better soon. Living with anxiety is just horrendous  :'(

Hugs, Bj

HopeAlone

« Reply #57 on: November 16, 2017, 06:21:38 PM »

Hiya HopeAlone,
Sorry, I missed out asking you..... how are you doing on Venlafaxine? Are there any side effects? How long have you taken them and what is the daily dosage?
My dr said that he would like to put me on Venlafaxine.....
Appreciate your feedbacks. Bj
Hello again bj
Sorry for late reply. I have been on venlafaxine for about 18 month now and it helped within a few weeks. I'm on quite a high dose but my anxiety and depression was hideous, I still suffer from them but no where near as bad as they were 2 years ago.
Progressive muscle relaxation is where you first tense your muscles and then relax them. I listen to an audio on an evening or sometimes just through the day when I'm feeling really tense, it's easy to do and helps me x

Bj118

« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2017, 04:10:06 PM »

Hello HopeAlone,

Thank you for sharing the info. Am going to see the dr by end next week and he already told me that he would prescribe Venlafaxine. Am getting worried and scared if there's side effects ..... as it is am handling too many side effects from menopause!!

Yes, I do too.....listen to audio meditations to help calm me. What do you listen to? Any recommendations?

Wishing you well. Take care, Bj

Bj118

« Reply #59 on: November 18, 2017, 02:11:38 PM »

Hello Ladies,

Can't seem to get rid of my daily headaches.....it's like a persistent dull ache, sometimes pounding and I feel like am off balance or floating .....feel really strange and not myself at all.

Anyone experiencing the same?

Bj
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7