Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: A day from hell  (Read 24283 times)

Annie0710

Re: A day from hell
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2017, 09:00:18 AM »

Hi Rockhopper

He has shown to be very caring and very sorry.  He spent 30+ minutes trawling the hedges around our house looking for her and following fresh trails (it was about 4deg on Monday morning), it was me who suggested he stopped and went home as Bert probably would associate him with her trauma.

I want signs up if it's illegal to have dogs off their leads in our lane, which I think it is.  Once they're over the gate I think as long as they're responsible owners they can be off the lead, but until this Dept get back to me I don't know the law

We had a sleepless night.  Our shih tzu sleeps with us so my son had Bert with him.  We were all awake at 3am trying to get her collar on her as she started licking her wounds.  Trying to catch a strong willed cat under beds etc is hard work and in the process her water went everywhere. 

She's on 3 pills twice a day and the vet sold me this fantastic meat putty that you pull bits off and put the pill inside.  It's fantastic as the pill is swallowed straight away, I also bought a pill pusher if she didn't like the meat putty but I'd say it gives the same reaction as Cat Nip does, she's begging for more straight after so I'll pop into vets today to buy some more x

JaneinPen

« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2017, 07:59:57 PM »

So pleased to hear that Bert is finally on the mend. Keep us posted on her progress

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2017, 08:08:57 PM »

Don't over feed her.

The Dog Warden may well not phone back.  She may decide to call to see you.   I would ask the Vet. treating Bert what the usual procedure might be and also, get in touch with the Environment Office at your Council regarding the Dog Warden.  Planning Dept. may well have advice on the various by-Laws in your area or a Member of your Parish Council?

Annie0710

« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2017, 08:21:03 PM »

They've never called back.  Dog warden doesn't exist they said yesterday.  Enforcement officer I think it is.

CLKD

« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2017, 04:14:06 PM »

So they could have told you that previously!  :-\ it should show on the Council web-site, ours has all the Officers in the various depts. listed.

How is Bert today?

Annie0710

« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2017, 04:57:40 PM »

I got through to the right dept it's just they haven't called back.  I looked on the gate today and it says all dogs to be kept on a lead so that must mean the lane as well as the fields

Bert's depressed when the collar is on, we saw the vet today and he said there's a vest/baby gro we can buy that stops them getting at their stitches.  So I'll see how she goes tonight.  She's still not poo'd but hasn't really eaten much but vet felt for blockages and couldn't find any so it's just waiting for the food to go through her now.  She likes her water fountain.  Vet wants to see us Monday morning again

The dog owner text asking how the appointment went.  He's offered to do vet appointments if it gets too much / or if my new job starts amid all this.  I can just imagine Berts face if she saw him or his dogs again

X

CLKD

« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2017, 05:04:05 PM »

So Baby-gro it is?  Or a T-shirt or jumper cut up ;-)

They HATE those collars.  Even if they are opaque. (which was my idea  ;) though never got round to putting in for a Patent  ::) ). 

I expect her body is using every ounce of food in the healing process.

Annie0710

« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2017, 06:31:09 PM »

I've had to take the collar off again.  She's so down it's heartbreaking.  Not even wanting her treats so I didn't give her her evening meds, I'll try again in a bit.  She grew wise to the liver putty, started nibbling around the tablet and leaving the pill

I'll have to go to the vets in the morning and buy the outfit for her to wear

X

Lanzalover

« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2017, 06:59:33 PM »

Hi Annie0710

Only just read this so sorry to hear about your poor cat she must be traumatised sending you both big hugs and hope things improve soon.

Love Lanzalover x

Annie0710

« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2017, 07:52:17 PM »

Thanks Lanzalover xx

CLKD

« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2017, 04:29:58 PM »

Those collars can make them depressed.  Did you visit the Vet.?  Mine got wise to his tablets, I would find them spat out under the radiators along the skirting boards  ::).  If you are with her, why bother with the collar.

Any news this evening?

Annie0710

« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2017, 05:29:40 PM »

She didn't have a vet appt today, that's Monday but my son collected her Baywatch vest earlier.  She spat her liver function tablet out and went under the bed so missed out on her ABs.  I had to go out to my daughters as it's SILs bday and I just felt so stressed.  That's day 2 of no painkillers because she's not eating (metacam gets mixed in her chicken soup) and the pill disaster.  She's upstairs as she could potentially escape downstairs.  I haven't even attempted to get the vest on, that'll be a massive mission itself.  I went back up with cheese to coax her from under the bed but she refused so I opened up the bedroom door to give her all upstairs again and she came out so out camr the pill pusher and I got them down her whilst she was growling .  It's now time for her evening meds but I'll have to wait a few hours to space them out. 

I feel so stressed with it all today x

CLKD

« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2017, 03:54:30 PM »

Of course you feel stressed.   The Vet/Nurses make it look *so* easy when popping pills down.  If she is eating Metacam I wouldn't worry too much.  It's better for her to rest and heal ....... any tablets down are a bonus.  What does she like to eat best, feed that separately from medication as I swear ours could smell anything different even when I popped it into food when they were outdoors  ::).

If she requires pain relief, the Vet. can give a long-lasting injection which should ease any symptoms for 2-3 days.  They may suggest that you could administer it, if you feel able?  I think it's given under the skin on the back of the neck - it might be a better option for you both.

Does she seem better in herself?

Annie0710

« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2017, 04:10:06 PM »

She's still not really eating.  Has done 1 poo since last Monday and a few wees.  I put the metacam in a bit of her soup but have given her her whiskas dry food in a bowl to nibble on as she (normally) loves them.  I don't think she's had her painkiller again(about day 3 now)

I got the tablets down her today, after I found 2 of them spat out.  I think she keeps them in her mouth til my backs turned then expels them

I just went up to check on her and she loves me again, following me around up there.  So I'm forgiven until later when it all starts again.  She bit me last night doing the pills.  Felt like a blood test.

I might save her pills tomorrow morning until we're at the vets and he can do it !

CLKD

« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2017, 04:12:19 PM »

Good idea!  How far do you live from the Surgery, is it worth while taking her to have the pills popped down or could 1 of the Nurses visit?  OK you'll probably need to pay for a visit but if it saves time and extra stress for your both?  If you don't ask ;-).

Mine seemed to grow 8 legs with extra claws on each paw at such times  ::)

At least if she is feisty I expect that she is improving!  If she were lethargic and taking the pills without fighting back  ;)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10