Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Help please  (Read 1748 times)

Jube

Help please
« on: October 10, 2017, 09:47:04 PM »

I posted Saturday re elleste duet conti. I took one tablet Friday night then due to advice decided to stay on elleste duet 1mg which I continued back on Saturday. Sunday evening had some blood which virtually stopped yesterday. Now I'm bleeding properly. What's going on.? Would just one conti tablet cause this? I'm worried   :-\ please help/advise

Hurdity

Re: Help please
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 04:47:24 PM »

Hi Jube

Sorry it's impossible to advise without telling the whole story (it is a bit awkward to have to keep looking back at members' previous posts and try to answer at the same time so easier to either stick to one thread if it's part of the same thing you are asking about or tell the story again!).

So depends what your periods are doing, whether you've been on HRT before etc. Tell us a bit more and hopefully we can help? In peri-menopause hormones levels are changing all the time and bleeding can occur at any time with and without HRT.

Try not to worry :)

Hurdity  x

Jube

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 09:29:39 PM »

Elleste conti O K for me ?
« on: October 07, 2017, 09:14:14 AM »
ReplyQuoteModifyModifyRemoveRemove
I'm 52 and started taking Elleste duet 1mg about 2 years ago. At the time fsh was 75 and getting lots of menopause symptoms aches, flushes - on pill so not sure about periods. When not on pill previously they had been heavy and erratic - went 3 months without one. Have had night sweats for years ! Elleste duet worked fine  aches and flushes fine, light regular bleeding. But recently have been emotional, Worry about EVERYTHING, achey, pmt symptoms before bleed no libido.
I thought maybe needed more oestrogen. Went to doctor. Asked if may be I could have tridestra so I only had bleed every three months. She agreed I probably needed more oestrogen  due to symotoms and put me on elleste conti. I questioned it as I don't know whether I'm peri or post. She said if i bleed go back and she'd give me tridestra, if i didnt bleed conti  is ok !!!! ?? The thought of no periods is very appealing but not if there is a risk to my health.  She also said you should stop hrt at 56 as you don't need it. But if you felt really bad you could go back on it ? Would it be ok to be on conti if i had scans to measure womb thickness etc ?  Advice please  :)
Hi
Above is my post from Saturday relating to Help Please x

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 07:27:21 AM »

Hi Jube - thanks for reminding us. I think it depends on where in your cycle you took the Elleste conti - if it was at the end of near/after the end of the pack then you would expect a bleed anyway. Otherwise it is just coincidence as you are likely still peri-menopausal. What have you decided to do?

Hurdity x

Jube

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 02:17:12 PM »

I got an appointment with a lovely doctor today -  she actually seemed to know about hrt! !!!  She thought not a good idea to take conti as don't know if I'm peri or post meno. She prescribed testosterone to help with low libido. Advised me to stay on elleste duet 1mg for now and use testosterone and to go back in 3 months to see how I'm getting on (or earlier if i needed to) :D fingers crossed x