Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Vagifem  (Read 1563 times)

Bluebell

Vagifem
« on: October 11, 2017, 07:37:58 AM »

Hi Ladies, has anyone suffered with anxiety using Vagifem?
I'm just trying to pinpoint where my bouts of anxiety is coming from.
 I came of Evorel Conti Patches because that's when it all started but I'm still having it occasionally and always during the night. Needing to visit the toilet a few times during the night with a nervous bowel which has given me internal “piles” 😱 another nightmare!!!
Would be interested in hearing from anyone who has had or having a similar experience.

Carol x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Vagifem
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 12:06:28 PM »

Nope.  I have the other product, Ovestin - same idea, 2 week load then every other night.  However, I have been on appropriate anti-depressants and anti-anxiety meds. for years.  How long have you been using the Vagifem?

Bluebell

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 03:51:36 PM »

Actually just been to see the doctor and she said Vagifem wouldn't cause anxiety.
Must just be me. 😕
I've been on it for two years...think I was clutching at straws there.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 04:34:03 PM »

It doesn't take much to set our minds going though does it!

What else could it be that is causing anxiety?  Lack of sleep?  How is your diet overall?  Do you exercise?  Work problems that might be niggling? Anxiety for me is due to not eating properly or at the 'right' time for my body.  Think of a baby who cries when hungry.  My body is like that, "feed me now, now, now"  ::) otherwise I get that gut lurch = anxiety.

Have you tried deep breathing, that worked for me years ago.  Yoga helps some.  Brisk walking.  You are not alone!

Bluebell

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 07:37:56 PM »

Thanks so much for replying. I'm actually really into healthy food and exercise. I make sure I take magnesium and b vitamins. 🤷🏼‍♀️ Drinking chamomile tea.
The doctor said to give it another couple of weeks until the HRT has left my body and if I'm still suffering we'll have a chat about it.
I've been doing mindfulness and yoga ( hurt my rib by overstretching doing yoga 🙊)
I'll see how it goes.

Cheers. x

jaycee

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2017, 06:20:48 PM »

I dont think it will be the vagifem, i have been using it for 2 weeks and no anxiety, in fact less than before, but also taking livial, so that might have helped to reduce anxiety
Hope you get sorted

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2017, 03:32:22 PM »

Lack of oestrogen can cause all kinds of problems - it's not known as The Change 4 nowt  >:(

Deep breathing.  Gentle exercise.  Swimming.  Walking.  Sitting ............ how R U today?

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2017, 04:48:57 PM »

I agree Vagifem won't cause this (extremely unlikely) - oestrogen is the feel good hormone and the amount in vagifem is minute anyway. Barely any is absorbed into the body.

Low oestrogen can cause low mood and anxiety which can be exacerbated with some of the synthetic progestogens like in the Evorel conti. I can't remember your story but if you are post-meno then I would suggest trying a different type of HRT perhaps on a longer cycle if your doc is agreeable - with patches and separate progesterone (Utrogestan). If the anxiety is new onset and not related to events in your life then it is likely to be hormonal - and sometimes also low oestrogen can make you anxious and depressed about events in your life that you would have been able to cope with when younger and fertile.

Hurdity x