Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Acid reflux  (Read 6124 times)

Nellie Noo

Acid reflux
« on: October 03, 2017, 07:53:18 PM »

Has anybody else had acid reflux so bad it burns your mouth ? I'm Really bad at the moment and ompezole is giving no relief  :-\

Yammy1

Re: Acid reflux
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 01:16:23 PM »

Have you tried gaviscon. I take lanzaprol every morning but some days I have to take gaviscon as well when it's really bad

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 01:57:03 PM »

Rennies - 2 chewable sweeties works for me.  I have to remember not to eat/drink too close to bed time although when stressed, as I am at present, it is background all the while  :-\.  Doesn't burn though.

Nellie Noo

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 02:23:08 PM »

Thanks ladies . Tried  gaviscon last night and had the omprezole this morning . Am slightly better today . I have had burning mouth before and this is different .. had dreadful wind and burping and generally felt rubbish ! So i knew it was acid ..my mouth is so sore . another bloody symptom to add to the list . X

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2017, 02:32:10 PM »

Also check what your toothpaste contains, there are products which can cause burning mouth but meno-brain here can't remember - sorry  :-\

Debbielev

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2017, 04:03:38 PM »

In am on month 5 off hurt and the last couple of weeks am going crazy with acid reflux.😩

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2017, 04:58:03 PM »

It's awful when it hits, 4 me in the early hours it's like a heart attack but because it is always the same time-ish, I try not to worry.  What have you tried Debbie?

Nellie Noo

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2017, 05:38:48 PM »

Thank you ladies for your replies . I will check out my toothpaste  :-\. I had an endoscopy about 7 years ago when the reflux first started .. nothing found but I would be terrified to have another one due to my high levels of anxiety at the moment, I can't even go to the dentist anymore without having a meltdown .. !!!!  stupid I know, but I never used to be like this. I know my anxiety doesn't help the reflux either. I get the mucus and cough but the burning mouth is hard to bear. Seeing my gp on Monday to start HRT and I am really hoping it will help. So glad I found this site .. you ladies are amazing x

Debbielev

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2017, 05:49:02 PM »

I have just taken lansoprazole 30mg mad can feel it lifting from my throat😯
Now I am so interested in in your comment about the rise in Cortisol in the early hours of the morning could this be why I wake up every day about 4 am with anxiety?
What is CKLD please Sparkle?

Debbielev

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2017, 05:51:47 PM »

Omg Sparkle just realised CKLD is a person 😂 but my question about the anxiety still stands lol

Debbielev

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2017, 05:54:58 PM »

Think you can tell I am new on here 😳

Taz2

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2017, 05:59:58 PM »

You're doing just fine Debbielev

I've just started suffering from this and have a doctors appointment tomorrow just to check that all is ok before beginning on the different medications. The worst part I've found is waking up choking in the early hours with a mouth and throat full of acid. It's so scary and uncomfortable. I had an endoscopy a few years ago and, although not that pleasant, I think I would feel reassured if the doc sent me for another one.  :-\

Taz x

Debbielev

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2017, 06:39:06 PM »

Taz
It's seems like you take a tablet for one thing then get another symptom. It drives me nuts. I hope the doctor sorts it out for you xx

Yammy1

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2017, 07:10:39 PM »

Sparkle I have hiatus hernia too, this definitely has a lot to do with acid reflux

Taz2

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2017, 07:45:41 PM »

Thanks Debbie. I just really want to make sure that everything is ok as I have had two friends who are in remission from oesphagus cancer and their early symptoms were very vague so I don't want to risk anything being overlooked. It seems to be that investigation may be required if you develop heartburn/indigestion/reflux over the age of 55.

Taz x
Pages: [1] 2