Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Dealing with health and general anxiety  (Read 7121 times)

rebel2

Re: Dealing with health and general anxiety
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2017, 10:12:13 AM »

Day 3 of 25mg sertraline.  Days 1 and 2 were, dare I say it, really rather good.  But I think that was the positive mental attitude brought about by actually doing something, rather than any effect from the medication.

Today I woke anxious, got my trapped wind feeling, had upset/nervous stomach and a slight headache.  Now I feel really jittery and anxious and very, very tired.  Anybody any idea how long this will last??

Yammy1

« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2017, 12:02:16 PM »

Aw rebel2, so sorry to hear your feeling so bad today, I don't have much experience with ads but maybe stick it out  another few days  and see how you get on. or maybe the dose your on is not enough. Hopefully someone with more experience will be along soon. :bighug:

dazned

« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2017, 01:18:21 PM »

Sent you a message rebel2 ☺

rebel2

« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2017, 11:43:00 AM »

Thanks for all your amazing support.

To update you, I felt so dreadful on Thursday [upset stomach, severe anxiety, dizziness] that I decided not to take anymore sertraline.  I then immediately felt better so have decided that it is just the idea of taking action that works.  I didn't get on with ADs last time and think I just don't suit them.   I went out Friday night and felt great and have continued to feel more positive.

I am hoping this period of calm and positivity will last - even if it doesn't, I am going to enjoy it while it lasts!

Yammy1

« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2017, 12:12:11 PM »

Great to hear your feeling so well Rebel2, long may it last. It gives me hope that i might some day start to feel a bit normal again. this bloody health anxiety is a pain

rebel2

« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2017, 11:02:47 AM »

Just another little update.  Five days of feeling great - then wham, the funny feeling is back.  Trapped wind yesterday, then this morning it has [as usual] moved around to my back.  Weird...  Am trying not to get anxious - nothing serious would disappear completely, I keep telling myself.

I suppose it's all part of the menopause... changes to stomach, etc.  Am hoping it won't last  :'(

Kathleen

« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2017, 09:04:54 PM »

Hello ladies.

Just wanted to add that I too try and enjoy the good times in the knowledge that they probably won't last long but secretly hoping they will. My most recent good time was very good and lasted about a week so I thought I'd cracked it. Sadly not as this morning's panicy surge out of nowhere confirmed! Oh well I suppose the quest for an anxiety free life continues...

Take care all.

K.

Wishing you all well.

Yammy1

« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2017, 10:06:56 PM »

Glad to hear your doing well Kathleen, long may it last
Pages: 1 2 [3]