Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Colds  (Read 3015 times)

margaret

Colds
« on: September 20, 2017, 02:10:48 PM »

Hi, has anyone noticed that they get more colds since being in the menopause, I've noticed that I've had about 4 colds this year but before the menopause I could go for years without one. x ::)

littleminnie

Re: Colds
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 04:05:53 PM »

I think you get more of everything.  :(

sn00py

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 04:23:11 PM »

Yes! I am not yet officially in menopause but the spring of this year i had the flu, bronchitis, tonsillitis and shingles one after the other. At the beginning of peri in 2014, I also had 4 different types of infections one after the other. Our immunity takes a blow during this time. I take a good quality vitamin C+Zinc+Vit. D3 everyday and wash my hands whenever i come back from outside. If i forget to take Vitamin C for a few days, i am susceptible to infections. I am also vulnerable to long flights and change of places. We just have to take extra care during this time to bolster our immunity. Eat lots of fruits. I also used to fall sick with some infection just before my periods during peri.

margaret

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 05:46:49 PM »

Hi SnOOpy, poor you, I was having water infections until I realised it was being caused by Vaginal Atrophy then in May I was admitted to hospital with Kidney stones, but I don't think my health has been right since this all started sending you big hugs x

Woodlands

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2017, 06:37:13 PM »

Hi there .
Yes, me too. Diagnosed with Asthma in peri menopause......all to do with inflammatory markers conditions..I googled it.
Now each and every time I get a cold it becomes a mega chest infection, antibiotics etc and inhalers...second one this year in full swing. Last year every three months.
Grr
Woodlands xx

sn00py

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2017, 01:38:27 PM »

I also used to get UTIs more often in very early peri but now i don't have them.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2017, 08:12:16 PM »

Sn00py - urine infection-type symptoms mimic vaginal atrophy  ::)

My DH ate Marmite on toast every morning for breakfast for 5 years and never had a cold. 

sn00py

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2017, 07:03:51 AM »

I hear Marmite is healthy for you. But i can't stand the taste. My colleague eats it for lunch for years everyday.

Snoooze

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2017, 12:24:10 PM »

When I read this the other day I thought to myself 'oh that's not me, I haven't had a cold for years' then bugger me, I started same day with a sore throat and now I've got a full blown coldd!

margaret

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2017, 01:11:17 PM »

I work in a school so I think I catch everything that's going x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2017, 02:32:21 PM »

My Mum worked in a School with what was then 'in-take' and never brought anything home ............. PHEW!

How R U today Margaret?

Butterfly22

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2017, 09:13:02 PM »

Ah snoooze what a nightmare!!
I catch everything going as my immune so low. Then I can't fight things off.
I've just bought echinacea tablets so I'll be taking these all winter.
Xx

margaret

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2017, 06:44:20 PM »

Hi CLKD, I've got over the cold just getting rid of the dregs, but don't know if it's connected but I've been getting really dizzy and having to lie down until it goes off, oh what joy, thank you for asking xx

Snoooze

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2017, 06:51:27 PM »

Hi Margaret,
I'm recovering from a head cold and have also felt dizzy/off balance but I've had this before after a virus. I think it's all connected to the ears as mine have felt blocked.