Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Tips and advice for a low Immune system x  (Read 5600 times)

Butterfly22

Tips and advice for a low Immune system x
« on: September 16, 2017, 07:34:31 PM »

Hi ladies, for the last few years I feel like I've had one bug after another, this year I was in bed new year not well, Valentine's not well, Mother's Day in bed not well, I just look at someone sneeze and get it.
Even when I went to the doctors the other day she was surprised I had a cold sore and looked bad but I just can't fight things off because of having ME my immune is so low.

It's getting to that time of year where everyone is sneezing and coughing (I've been out today and now I'm sneezing and burning up) and I'm sick to death of it.

What tips dose anyone have or vits you use to help your immune? Xxx

Ju Ju

Re: Tips and advice for a low Immune system x
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2017, 10:10:55 PM »

:bighug:

Fortunately I don't catch everything, but when I do asthma has great fun joining in theses days and recovery takes so long. My peak flow reading was raised by 50 by flying to the USA . Any chance flights can be prescribed on the NHS?!! Shame it's gone back down since coming home.

I tend to try and get away from people coughing and sneezing. I get twitchy.

Butterfly22

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2017, 09:10:10 AM »

Ah thank you juju a hug always makes me smile :)
See I'm the opposite I catch bugs every time I fly and one reason I've not been away for five years.
If we get flights on the nhs you can have mine 😉😂

Hey Analee thank you I do eat 90% healthy most the time I think if I fly again I will wear a mask (I will get some looks) but will look funny in my small town wearing one, it's so annoying.
I may try Vit d3 as has good reviews for immune xxx

Ju Ju

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2017, 09:20:24 AM »

Thanks for the book suggestion. I shall have a look at that. I'm all for less medication!

Butterfly22

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2017, 03:23:40 PM »

I take a Vit d and calcium off the doctor but thought I could add more xxx

Butterfly22

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2017, 03:26:14 PM »

I have a probotic too the I'll maybe look into milk thistle, I did see a nutriononists years ago when I first found out about ME and she put me on diff vits and changed my diet, no wheat, dairy ect.
It was the best I felt in years but slipped back to old ways as its quite hard to keep at it. Xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2017, 03:45:55 PM »

Do you see a Consultant who is au fait with MS?  Is there a support group for advice about a low immune system?  Honey is a great healer ;)

Ju Ju

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2017, 03:50:05 PM »

I've taken D3 for years. It was one of the 1st things my GP checked, but my levels are fine, as are B12. Taking D3 is recommended by doctors and all the complimentary practitioners I have consulted including the chiropractor. I don't take probiotics as I have taken copious amounts in the past to no benefit , but at a great cost. This is because I have leaky gut and the gut environment does not support them. I am following a protocol to heal the gut ( which fell apart while on holiday, but things are settling now I am home). I'm determined to feel better. My diet allows room for naughty food in moderation. As I was told by the practitioner, that if your diet is too rigid, you eventually fall off the wagon. Wheat isn't a problem avoiding as I am intolerant to it, so I don't need will power! The reaction used to be immediate and very unpleasant!

Butterfly22

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2017, 06:20:25 PM »

Thanks ladies some great advice, CLKD I use to years ago but have to just get on with it now, I should have more honey 🍯Xxx

Hurdity

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2017, 10:07:15 PM »

Lil22 As well as a really good diet - then in the mornings if you're not too tired ( do you have a job - if so then in the evenings) try to get out for a brisk walk in the open air for at least 10 mins or a bit more if you can - try to make it a routine. It will get your heart going, energise you and should help your immune system as your blood will be circulating and everything will be metabolising. Lots and lots of fruit and vegetables of every colour and type. Sunshine on your skin whenever you can - to build up Vit D naturally - even small amounts can help. I presume it is only ME you have not MS as well? Apologies if I've missed that.

We don't wear masks in UK as the norm - maybe they do more where you are Analee?  I've never seen anyone with one.  Perhaps people do in cities in Britain? I can see they would be helpful on a plane to avoid all the bugs - perhaps not for flights within Europe but certainly further afield ::). Lil - let's hope you don't catch the next one!

Hurdity x

Butterfly22

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2017, 07:17:43 AM »

Hey Hurdity no it's ME, I def need to get out on walks, I always say I will but you get in a rut. Xxx

Thanks sparkle that's great I'll take a look I've just checked the calcium and Vit d from doctors and this seems low 5 micrograms so I'll go to site you mention and look into what to buy.
Thank you xxx

Butterfly22

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2017, 08:00:35 AM »

Sparkle I was looking at this D3 1000IU 90 Tablets but it said take one a day but is yours five times the strength xx

Butterfly22

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2017, 09:34:51 AM »

Hey sparkle I'm not sure but will ask at the doctors next time I'm there, I'll get the ones for 1000 and moniter how I go thank you as something so simple may just help me through winter. Xxx

Hey Analee, sorry to hear you are suffering, it's very hard but pacing, sticking to basics (food ect) and giving up drinking and smoking has helped, basically had to change my whole life style but it's hard.
I do take magnesium at night it's no mirical but def less restless when I have it. Xxx

Butterfly22

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2017, 06:30:55 PM »

No the boots tablets xxx