Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: nice to have a board were people understand!  (Read 1530 times)

soulgirl52

nice to have a board were people understand!
« on: September 05, 2017, 02:30:52 PM »

hi everyone,
i am 53 and been experiencing the menopause for three years now and just when i think i have it licked something comes up to take me right back to the beginning. i have tried four different forms of HRT, and the the only one that really seemed to work was Primique which has now been discontinued. the latest one i have tried is indivina which seemed to work but in the last week or so i have had excrutiating lower back pains and low moods (yet again). i am really finidng life a struggle. i am an active person who has always loved exercise but now finds it very difficult due to lack of energy or just pain. i force myself to work out 3 tinmes a week but have lost the buzz it used to give me.  i haven't gained a whole lot of weight but would like to lose 10Lbs or so. However whatever i do i cannot shift one pound. I have just made yet another appointment with my GP to discuss symptoms and treatment (luckily she is very sympathetic and runs a womans clinic). I do feel that no one i know really understands - my mum seems to have forgotten what menopause is like (she has trouble empathising in general anyway), and my friends have not got here yet, even the ones nearer my age. As i am typing my lower half is aching like hell. I have zero interest in men now as i feel fat and ugly  and really the only thing thats keeping me interested in life is my 14 year old daughter. i can see no end to this and its depressing me .  Anyway just saying hi and thanks for this very interesting forum. i have read quite a bit already and a lot i can relate to and  there are some very interesting points. will keep reading x ::)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: nice to have a board were people understand!
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 03:04:14 PM »

:welcomemm:  Browse round.  Make notes.  Maybe keep a mood/symptom/food diary to chart how you R feeling as well as deciding what you would like to ease first.

I take a list to the GP Appt. ;-)

dazned

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 03:22:24 PM »

Hi and   :welcomemm:

its such a shame about Premique ,other ladies on here have recently reported the same problem of it being discontinued when it obviously helped so many women. Guess it was all the negative press about it . :-\
Anyway hopefully you can get some good help from the memebers here. :)

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2017, 04:33:25 PM »

Hi soulgirl

Taz  x  :welcomemm:

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2017, 04:47:52 PM »

Hi soulgirl

:welcomemm: from me too.

So pleased you are finding the posts on the forum helpful :)

Unfortunately at menopause and as we age our metabolism slows down so that we need to eat less and exercise more just to stay the same weight - so it's great that you are working out. Maybe have a look at the sort of food you are eating and see if there are any changes you can make so as to swap higher carb/sugar/fat foods for healthier options if necessary?

Maybe the oestrogen dose of the new HRT is not high enough for you - are you already on the 2 mg one or the 1 mg? There are plenty of options - all listed on the Treatments tab ( green banner above) so if this one doesn't suit you after giving it a try for a couple of months or so - then perhaps try another one?

Also some women find that they feel permanently bloated when taking continuous progestogens so the other alternative is to have one that brings on a bleed a bit like a period. Just a thought?

Hurdity x