Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Slight heart scare yesterday - fortunately unfounded  (Read 1957 times)

Katejo

Slight heart scare yesterday - fortunately unfounded
« on: August 18, 2017, 06:37:30 PM »

Yesterday and the previous evening i had chest pains and the same in my back. I particularly felt it when swallowing food but not only then. My cold had also come back and I had throat irritation and slight earache.
I don't usually worry about possible heart attacks. I assume that I am being a bit hypochondriac but yesterday I decided to get it checked out as a precaution because it was bothering me.
Fortunately an ECT quickly eliminated the heart attack so I was relieved    :) but still had to wait while they did a chest X ray and a few blood tests. They didn't cause any concern so I was  discharged. The doctor just recommended that I get my thyroid checked (which i was planning to do anyway) and said that the pains were probably connected to the ongoing cold symptoms.
Feeling better this evening so hoping that this virus is finally going to let go. I have a holiday coming up in 3 weeks from now and I am determined to be ok for that!   

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Slight heart scare yesterday - fortunately unfounded
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 10:52:12 PM »

So that's another issue to cross off for now  :foryou:

CLKD

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2017, 11:55:19 AM »

OK now?

Katejo

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 06:49:34 PM »

OK now?
I am very cautiously optimistic that the virus is clearing up. I say cautious because I have declared improvement several times and then the cold symptoms came back. Even earlier today I sneezed a couple of times.  I haven't got the chest pains that i had briefly last week. I am determined to get rid of it before I go on holiday  in just over 2 weeks so fingers crossed.

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2017, 06:57:37 PM »

:thankyou:  4 the update.

Katejo

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2017, 12:43:29 AM »

:thankyou:  4 the update.
I said it was dangerous  to say that things were better. Now not feeling as good again !  :o  Fortunately I have a GP appt. tomorrow morning so will check whether I still have a UTI or not and try to arrange thyroid blood tests.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 02:22:45 PM by Katejo »