Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: HELP!!! sooo dizzy  (Read 1959 times)

Yammy1

HELP!!! sooo dizzy
« on: August 22, 2017, 12:55:03 PM »

I was diagnosed with very low iron levels just over a week ago and since starting iron tablets I have been so dizzy, I have suffered with dizziness in the past from time to time but this is off the scale, I really can't function.  My hiatus hernia is acting up too and I have a  constant chest pain/discomfort and acid even though I have been taking lanzaprol for many years to reduce acid. The iron I take has vitamin C in it and i'm wondering if maybe this is causing the acid. Please if anyone has any advice re dizziness as it's ruining my life :'(

Hurdity

Re: HELP!!! sooo dizzy
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 09:28:33 AM »

Sorry I can't comment re acid but the iron I take is a gentle herbal liquid tonic which is much easier on the system - called Floradix and has never caused me any problems. I took it for anaemia in pregnancy and now take it about once a week as I still have a cycle (due to HRT) with a bleed and in my 60's so don't want to become deficient due to my age - although this is unlikely. May be worth a try instead?

Hurdity x

Yammy1

Re: HELP!!! sooo dizzy
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 10:43:47 AM »

Thank you both for replying. I phoned doc last evening and she said to stop iron as it may be too strong and to try a milder one in a few days. The iron I was taking is ferrograd but on reading box it has 325 mg ferrous sulphate and 500 mg of vitamin c, which seems a lot. I will ask my local chemist which one she can recommend as there is no way I can carry on the way I feel. My stomach feels like it's on fire and I'm still dizzy, hope it eases soon x