Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: access acid - quick question  (Read 1867 times)

robotwars

access acid - quick question
« on: August 11, 2017, 07:55:41 AM »

I have been told I have access acid by a chest doctor, yesterday I did wonder whether the way I was feeling was down to this and not peri, after lunch yesterday I just felt nausea, wasn't sick just feels like it, it feels like its in my throat, very strange taste which I couldn't get rid off, is this a sign off access acid, as I never have heartburn or indigestion just this troublesome night time cough......

Taz2

Re: access acid - quick question
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 03:18:00 PM »

It's proper name is GORD of GERD (Gastroesphogeal Reflux Disease) I think. Not everyone has heartburn with it but it is important to have it recognised and controlled so that the excess acid doesn't damage your oesophagus . You can get more info here although everyone is different and reacts differently to the various medications http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Gastroesophageal-reflux-disease/Pages/Introduction.aspx

Taz x

samweller161

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 08:37:26 AM »

Just a thought, have you tried eating gluten free products?  Have heard this helps with acid reflux (and no need for tablets then)

SP x

robotwars

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2017, 06:41:43 PM »

I have never heard of that, will look into this thanks

Yammy1

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2017, 08:07:01 PM »

I take lanzaprol, have done for years due to excess acid and hiatus hernia, recently put on iron tablets as doc said level extremely low, but the last few days I've had heartburn which I haven't suffered with for a few years. I wonder if the iron is causing this. Jus a thought, the iron I take has vitamin c too maybe this is the culprit
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 09:16:59 AM by Yammy1 »