Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Constantly needing to increase Estrogen😩  (Read 1579 times)

nicolcarrie70

Constantly needing to increase Estrogen😩
« on: August 09, 2017, 08:39:58 AM »

Hello,

I just can't seem to get my hormones to level out!  No sooner do I think I've cracked it and have a pocket of relief - the symptoms return again.

My biggest problem is my bladder!  At it's worse I need to wee every 20 mins - day and night. 

I was using a very high dose of Estrogel (4-6 pumps) plus Ovestin and the occasional Vagifem and Utrogestan x7 with 90% relief! 

Two weeks ago my symptoms started to return and in desperation I added a Femoston 1mg (from an old prescription) to the above regime, this gave a little relief.  I then felt that I must need extra Estrogen so increased it further by adding another 2 pumps of Estrogel.  Nothing seems to be working!

I know that this is Estrogen overdose but I haven't slept in a week and feeling pretty much on the edge today!

Annie0710

Re: Constantly needing to increase Estrogen😩
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 10:51:05 AM »

Do a vagifem reload, 1 pessary every night for 2 weeks then stick to it twice weekly, more if needed and go back to a normal oestrogen dose

I use 2 vagifem each insertion more than twice a week x

Otes73

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 10:57:14 AM »

When I first started Utrogeston I needed the loo all day and night! I had used oestrogel on its own before that as had a hysterectomy. My consultant started me on Utrogeston due to Endometriosis. Anyway after 3 weeks daily Utrogeston the constant weeing stopped and been fine since. I felt as though the Oestrogel had caused a lot of fluid retention and the Utrogeston got rid of it in the first couple of weeks and everything settled?!

Xx

Salad

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2017, 04:58:05 PM »

I totally get that desperation you feel trying to balance your HRT doses nicolcarrie70

I also used Oestrogel - for a time it worked well then I had issues. In the end I was using 4 pumps in the morning to ensure all my symptoms were alleviated but they would be back about 4pm, so I'd use more gel (1-2 pumps) to keep me going over night. It turned out I wasn't absorbing the gel correctly.

My GP swapped me to patches and my dose dropped to the equivalent of 3 pumps of gel!. The idea being trying to get a more consistent absorption rate.

I felt lucky just trying to balance oestrogen without putting progesterone into the mix  :foryou: