Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: What would you do.  (Read 1315 times)

Anjia

What would you do.
« on: August 07, 2017, 06:57:02 PM »

Today I saw a consultant who told me I have a benign tumor in my brain.This was found by having a scan after an accident he asked me what medications I was on when I told him hrt he said that hormones can somtimes make it grow but if I feel good on it its my choice I have to have quality of life.I have to have follow up scans to see how it goes I have a ostrogen only patch now which has stopped flushes and insomnia I feel so fed up but cant chance it can I .

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: What would you do.
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 09:38:39 PM »

What Speicalitiy is the Consultant?  There are many types of brain tumour that affect people.  Unless there has been a probe and sample taken, I would expect it would be difficult to ascertain if this type would be susceptible to hormonal changes which are going to happen, regardless of HRT or not.

Once the dust has settled a bit, I would comprise a list of queries now that you have the diagnosis and make an appt. to see him again.  My first query would be : is a tumour such as mine likely to be influenced by the drop of oestrogen during The Change, by this particular HRT combination (what ever you are on) - after all this time of Life is natural as is the tumour.  Is he able to show statistics regarding any growth and if so, by any particular % - i.e. fast, slow .... I would like to have details of how hormones over-all affect this particular tumour in both men and women.

Also was the tumour likely to have been the cause of the accident or was it found incidentally?

Anjia

Re: What would you do.
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 02:30:58 PM »

The tumor I have was found by my having a ct scan after an accident it I have no problems with it so if I dident have the accident I would never no I had it, the nuero surgeon I saw really did seem to know what he was talking about he said its my choice and if I want to carry on with hrt then I can its up to me, he said that it has been known that hormones can make them grow?He really did seem to no what he was talking about I have to have follow up scans to see how it goes he said the next one will be in the Autumn.If it gets bigger then they can operate but I really want to avoid that .