Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: serenity cream  (Read 3693 times)

robotwars

serenity cream
« on: August 05, 2017, 07:54:13 PM »

Has anyone tried serentity cream, I wondered whether it worked, didn't want to waste money on it if it doesn't work.....

Hurdity

Re: serenity cream
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 11:24:49 AM »

In two words - it doesn't!

This is what is says on this website about progesterone cream:

"Natural" progesterone cream is available on private prescription in varying strengths. Studies have shown inconsistent results on effect on menopausal symptoms. Claims for a protective effect on bones have not been confirmed. Women who take systemic estrogen for menopausal symptoms must also take progestogen to protect the womb lining from being stimulated by the estrogen. Progesterone cream is not suitable for giving protection to the womb lining and should not be relied on for this purpose.

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/otherpreps.php

All the positive reviews about it will be from the manufacturers or private practitioners usually from US where they make lots of money from it. it contains a very small amount of progesterone some of which is absorbed but not in any significant quantity so please don't waste your money. Some individual testimonies from women will say that it has worked - but this is most likely to be due to placebo (and there are cheaper ways of achieving this effect!)  or because hormone levels are changing anyway, as they do during peri-menopause.

What symptoms are you looking to alleviate?

Hurdity x

robotwars

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2017, 04:14:11 PM »

My worst symptoms are low mood, foggy head and muscle aches, I can cope with the hot flushes, the main one I would like to improve on is the low mood.......

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2017, 05:04:10 PM »

St. John's wort can be good for low mood. So is worth trying. Get a good brand. DG x

cubagirl

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2017, 07:50:09 PM »

Save your money, stuff is useless.

dazned

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2017, 07:54:06 PM »

Have you had the usual suspects ruled out,low vit.D,thyroid,anaemia etc.?