Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Crisis after HRT change  (Read 2708 times)

Wantmylifeback

Crisis after HRT change
« on: July 31, 2017, 10:11:32 AM »

Hello ladies

I have not been on here for a long time, mainly due to feeling well and balanced. This was due to being put on the combined contraceptive pill. But last week on going to my regular meno clinic appointment I was told that I shouldn't be taking the combined pill (prescribed by her colleague) as I suffer from migraines with aura and that I would be putting myself at significant risk of stroke!! I am devastated as for the last three months I felt almost well again. I have now been taken off the pill, had a new mirena fitted and put on Celeste Solo 1mg or 2mg it's up to me what I take, I started on Friday night and felt very tired all day Saturday, Sunday was a day of anxiousness and very unsettled, last night I only took 1mg and feel even worse, extreme sweats through the night, insomnia, sore muscles and awful anxiety this morning so much so I haven't managed to go to work.

Does anyone have any advice as to why I've plunged into this awful spiral again. Been so good up until now 😢

Wantmylifeback

Salad

Re: Crisis after HRT change
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 04:16:43 PM »

Sounds awful  :foryou:

It must be horrible to have felt so well and now feel back at square one. I'm not familiar with your new prescription so my only advice is maybe give it a little time to see if your new regime settles down.

I would also book a follow up appointment to discuss the changes.

Peri-wrecked

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 04:38:53 PM »

Sorry you are having a difficult time. I am not on hrt or mirena either but I guess the advice to give it some time is good. What pill werr you on before?  Such a shame you couldnt continue on it. I really feel for us women going through this hell. I hope it gets better for you soon.

Wantmylifeback

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2017, 04:42:32 PM »

Thank you for your reply Salad, correction my new prescription is elleste solo (typo). Today has been horrible I just feel totally useless.

WMLB 😢

Wantmylifeback

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2017, 04:45:16 PM »

I was on Gedarel 30/150 and got on well with it, no anxiety and actually felt like a proper functioning human being for the first time in nearly 3 years 😢

WMLB

Roseneath

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2017, 08:51:10 AM »

I have been on Ellerstre Duet for 10 weeks....first few weeks OK. Last week terrible. Awful anxiety and brain fog mid cycle and pre-period like I have NEVER had before. Also period extremely heavy with clots like I have NEVER had before. Useful post yesterday saying it could be the progesterone element which can have a 'doom & gloom' side effect (great!). I have never had flushes...just anxiety so hv decided to stop taking until I see the doc nxt Friday. Gut feel is that it dosn't agree with me. There is light though...felt totally awful last few days...feel 100% better today so hang on it there...it will lift.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 08:53:23 AM by Roseneath »

dazned

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2017, 11:25:37 AM »

I never had a problem with hot flushes only anxiety and related issues,sadly no hrt helped me in this regard and I tried many ! Some ladies don't always get relief on her only . Hope you improve soon.

Wantmylifeback

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2017, 12:25:32 PM »

Hi Dazned

How have you managed without HRT? I feel I have had my life stripped from me having the combined pill stopped. I feel awful, anxiety is through the roof. I have been in touch with the meno clinic today and they suggested I either try and ride it out and see if things improve, or change to Estradot patch and see if that helps!

I feel so.......lost again, when will things get better and will they ever get better 😢

WMLB

dazned

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2017, 01:06:01 PM »

I use an AD now and manage my symptoms that way. Of course everyones experience is different. Some find that they need both Hrt and an AD. It's more about what symptoms you are looking to address and what works for you. Unfortunately sometimes you have to experiment for many months before you find the solution.

Wantmylifeback

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2017, 05:40:01 PM »

Dazned I've been experimenting for over a year, thought I'd finally cracked it and bang 💥 they take it from you. I spoke with gp this afternoon and he has recommended I increase my Venlafaxine and see him in a fortnight and change to the patches.

It's all so scary when your full of anxiety, I just want to remember what a sense of wellbeing feels like 😢

WMLB

dazned

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2017, 05:50:41 PM »

I really empathise,I know just how you're feeling,it's truly horrible isn't it!😢

Roseneath

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2017, 05:57:03 PM »

You could be talking about me. I had a bad bought of anxiety back in January and then again in March. Only lasted a week or so. Insommnia hit me in May and I ended up on the HRT. Had a great weeks holiday and a couple of fine weeks sleeping well then boom - three days ago now. Just woke up with it. Tired all day, just want to sit & stare & think dark thoughts. Convinced I have dementia (thought it was Saturday today!). I hit the internet Googling all sorts of bad stuff. Just back where I was in Jan and March. When I'm like this I want all the blood tests done - there must be a chemical reason for this . Have an appointment next Friday but feel panic at the thought of waiting that long. Can;t even cope with the thought of cooking dinner. Felt OK at 8:30am then by 11:30am boom it was back.

dazned

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2017, 06:01:48 PM »

Have a look at my first posts here when I joined MM !
I was a wreck ,couldn't eat,function and was utterly convinced that I had several terminal illness !
I have found a way through with support on here and medication and you will too,unfortunately it doesn't happen overnight.

Wantmylifeback

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2017, 08:16:39 PM »

Gutted doesn't come near how I feel. To be doing so well on the BCP then have it taken from me is awful. I have my nieces wedding on Saturday and don't know how I'm going to get through it. I've gone from really looking forward to it (first in a long time) to feeling utter dread 😞

WMLB

Taz2

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2017, 09:35:52 AM »

So sorry that you have had to change when you were beginning to feel well. The advice from The Migraine Trust is the same as from your doctor though. It is the combined pill which can cause stroke is you suffer migraine with aura. Even if it's a small risk it's really not a risk you want to take. This is what The Migraine Trust say https://www.migrainetrust.org/living-with-migraine/coping-managing/contraceptive-pill/

It is early days for your new regime so please don't despair. I would think the tiredness is from the Mirena - it takes a while for the body to adjust.

Taz x