Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: hrt advice  (Read 782 times)

hughes41

hrt advice
« on: March 25, 2018, 08:06:23 PM »

hi all need some advice i have been taking utrogestan 100 and sandrena for the last 2 month coming up to 3 was great flushes stopped and my insomnia was gone now so many months down the line flushes are back and not sleeping again and the sadness is back what do i do any advice would be appreciated xxx

Hurdity

Re: hrt advice
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2018, 06:35:32 PM »

Hi hughes41

It depends where you are in menopause, how old you are, and also if you are taking utrogestan every day. If still peri-menopausal then your own hormones come and play every now and again to disturb the status quo so that you feel out of sorts again. Hopefully it will pass.

Give us an idea of dosage/duration of both that you are taking? It may well be that you need a higher dose of gel and also some women don't get on with taking progestogens every day - if this is what you are doing.  Sometimes it needs a bit of experimenting to get the right dose and regime but hopefully we can help you work it out, in conjunction with your GP if you need adjustment to your prescribed meds.

Hurdity x

hughes41

Re: hrt advice
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2018, 09:57:08 PM »

Hi thank you for replying I  am 42 and peri I take utrogestan 100 mg for 28 days then a break and Sandrena everyday 2 sachets has really no periods before and only two in the the same month when I started the hrt x