Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: Late Menopause Over 55  (Read 45193 times)

funnell

Re: Late Menopause Over 55
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2018, 02:04:50 PM »

hi all.seems like iv got pmt more often,trauma
from the past reg daughters murder (age 19,happened 11 years ago)are haunting me more.
bleeding regular approx every 4 weeks without fail
age 59 in september,no HRT, nightsweats,flushes, etc YET!i still cycle/walk,although its harder to make the effort to do anything,but my weight has
so far always been stable,9+hlf-10 stone.some
people think im too slim but im happy as i am+always eat like a pig!x

Machair

« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2018, 02:35:11 PM »

First of all my heart goes out to you over the sad loss of your daughter- that must be so much to cope with every day.
I don't think you are that unusual having a late menopause, there are several of us here. I am 58- 59 in March next year. I get severe PMT as well, though mine is now much less often as my periods are now much lighter and more spaced out, but I still get all those feelings you mention.
It is so lovely to meet another kindred spirit with late menopause so keep posting and we can help each other.xxx

Daisydot

« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2018, 05:19:50 PM »

I'm also so sorry for your sad loss funnel you are such a brave lady to be able to share that bless you.
I'm glad your not experiencing an awful lot of meno effects and I think that  you,just for the moment, need someone to share your thoughts with,post away here,maybe start a new thread and then other ladies can maybe share their experiences and support you through this.im not an expert I just wanted to say hello and say your so brave,it's admirable how your coping xx

Hollyett

« Reply #63 on: April 13, 2018, 10:12:36 PM »

I am 56 in two weeks and had a my last period last week. Before that it had been 3 months ago. They are always light. Last year I had a blood test which showed I wasnt through the menopause yet. I also was sent for a scan and biopsy, which was all fine.
Have really worried over this sporadic bleeding as I felt I was too old for this to still be happening. Feel better having been guided to this thread.
I am due to see my GP next week again about this.

Machair

« Reply #64 on: April 14, 2018, 07:59:47 AM »

Hi Holyett,
My heart goes out to you as like yourself I worried as I was later than the so called average. However what I determined was this.My friends who finished at 52 had significant period changes five years before. At 52 I was regular as clockwork.When did you start to see a period change and what age would you say you were still regular?
The thing I hate about averages is that they cause people to worry who are not average.
I recommend these videos by a top gynaecologist to anyone in this boat. Watch the first part for the first couple of minutes and you will hear that the menopause can come as late as 60 for some women.
http://madameovary.com/video/

Hollyett

« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2018, 04:54:12 PM »

Hi Machair, I was married for 25 years after two children my Hubbie had the snip,  so I regulary had periods. Then life changed, husband ran off with someone else. I was blessed to meet my now husband and for contraceptive purposes at the age of 46 had the mierina coil fitted. After being on the coil for a few months my periods stopped. Forward 8-years later I then began to have short bleeds, white spread apart. I visited the doctor who asked when my last proper period had been but too be honest I didnt really know, due to the coil. A blood test showed that it was still possible, though highly unlikely that I could become pregnant. The Gp felt that the mirena now needed replacing.
Also they still wanted to do a scan and biopsy.
Scan and biopsy showed no issues and the coil was taken out. At 54 I decided not to have another put in.
So since then I have a bleed around every 3 months, lasts around 3 days. Feel tired, and grumpy quite a bit. This month was different in the fact that I bleed only 4 weeks since the last time and only for 24 hours.
Seeing my GP this week. I am sure alls ok and I dread being messed about with again if its not necessary but thought tge bleeding would have stopped by now. Though now after finding this site I realise that this is no that uncommon. I will look at the videos. Thanks so much.

Machair

« Reply #66 on: April 20, 2018, 02:46:42 PM »

How are you doing Holyett- did the GP help at all?

Machair

« Reply #67 on: May 28, 2018, 03:02:38 PM »

How is everyone doing?

Rustysmum

« Reply #68 on: June 13, 2018, 09:29:03 PM »

Hi Machair,
 Well the Maca was a short lived success. Think it just coincided with a good spell. Saw my cardio for an annual check and was stressed about it, heart went nuts and he put me on daily Flecainide. Struggling with the side effects dreadfully, even after three weeks but the PVCs are gone. Don't know which is worst. Am thinking might have to consider BHRT but feel very conflicted about it! Passed my one year at last!

How are you doing?

Machair

« Reply #69 on: June 14, 2018, 08:22:39 AM »

Hi Rusty's Mum,

Congratulations on reaching your year! So sorry about the palpitations, I get these too as I have ME and when they flare up they are very scary especially at night.

Well I am still very much in the throws of perimenopause even though I am now 58. My last period was in February when I was 57 but it was scanty. Now I have PMT type symptoms a lot of the time but I have had no more bleeding so I hope this is it! I think the PMT symptoms are really just fluctuating hormones. I read a really good book recently that described this beautifully called Before The Change by Anne Lousie Gittleman. The hormonal fluctuations are setting of the occasional migraine which I am prone to, but other than that the bleeding episodes are getting much less frequent now so hopefully finally on the home straight!

Rustysmum

« Reply #70 on: June 14, 2018, 05:12:29 PM »

Will keep my fingers crossed that this is it for you now!

Jane44

« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2018, 11:04:22 PM »

Back again to the lovely group. When I look back at my posts over years I realise I follow suit with a few people on here namely Machair. Here I am nearly a year well LMP 17/10/2017 lots of flushes and symptoms of meno then out of the blue today lots of stretchy mucous !! Headache and now I am thinking great 14 days and I bed I get a period ugh... does that mean another 12 month wait. I was 55 in June. Lovely to see the usual names on here glad your all well x

Dancing Queen

« Reply #72 on: October 04, 2018, 11:39:21 AM »

Hi All, Just picked up on this thread... I`m a late finisher with periods still going on at 55. But have just had to go onto HRT due to hormonal anxiety/depression. So my periods will go one for as long as my sequi HRT does. I might be 105 lol!   :o ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #73 on: October 04, 2018, 03:10:47 PM »

... with soft skin, good bones and a healthy appetite then Dancing Queen?

Dancing Queen

« Reply #74 on: October 05, 2018, 09:11:00 AM »

Hi CLKD... well my appetite is healthy....I think my bones are ok ... but the skin.... hmm. I was on holiday with my friend recently, we were lying on the beach in our bikinis and I turned on my side and shrieked in horror "my belly looks like an elephant`s scrotum!!". Lesson learnt : keep on your back on the beach at all times  ;)   
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10