Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Late Menopause Over 55  (Read 46173 times)

Mary1962

Re: Late Menopause Over 55
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2017, 09:58:51 PM »

Approaching 55 now. Trouble at mill ;D started in early 2012, the last few years of a regular cycle were horrendous (gaps then flooding). Periods at 2-3 months apart in 2016 and then this year last one was May and nothing since. But then the hot flushes and night sweats kicked in. A friend of similar age says she's been having her hot flushes for 2 years, I am hoping mine are shorter lived!

Rustysmum

« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2017, 07:58:12 PM »

Hi Carol
I will be very interested to hear how you get on. Am very disheartened to hear you are still suffering after being four years post! So sorry to hear you are still suffering like this. I do hope the homeopathic salts help. My cardiologist says often they just disappear as quickly as they came. It is very reassuring to hear that several of you have this same symptom. Thank you all for posting. :)

ancient runner

« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2017, 09:42:04 AM »

Just checking in - on HRT but almost always get period pain and slight bleed mid HRT cycle, then the HRT bleed itself in the first week of the packet. It's been almost as regular as clockwork for months, and I'm 56. Even had stretchy mucus couple of weeks ago.
The trouble is though that I think the HRT and my hormones are working in opposition to each other. I've had a lot of painful bladder/urethra problems in all of this (and one glorious fortnight where I just felt normal - so pretty sure it's all hormonal). Not really sure how to proceed...

Machair

« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2018, 08:05:32 AM »

How are we all doings ladies? So sorry for not posting for a while but I lost Mum so things have been difficult.
I am still full of oestrogen but no periods so hope this is it!

Daisydot

« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2018, 01:59:09 PM »

Hi Machair so sorry for your loss it's an indescribable pain losing you mum I get that. I still grieve for my mum I miss her so much but I can hear her everyday in the background saying “come on now life goes on” she was my guiding light in everything I did.take care and hope things eventually even out for you it's a pain in the ass this isn't it,ps I,m 60 but like a hormonal 13 year old lol.xx

Hurdity

« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2018, 05:38:37 PM »

Hi Machair - I know I'm not part of this thread as I probably had menopause at 54/55 - a long time in the past - but also wanted to say I'm so sorry to hear about losing your Mum and especially around this time or near Christmas - well any time really. I am very very lucky that mine is still alive, well active and living independently and I absolutely dread the time when something happens to her - which I know it will.

Please to hear you are full of oestrogen still - I presume you know that because you're not yet getting flushes or sweats - and maybe you won't if you're lucky?

Hurdity x  :bighug:

typo now corrected...
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 08:22:36 PM by Hurdity »

Machair

« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2018, 06:08:45 PM »

Thank you so much Hurdity that means so much and you too Daisydot.

Losing Mum was very very difficult but she was in a very bad way at the end that no one would ever want to see.
She is at peace now and I am so grateful for that.

I did have a night sweat last week Hurdity so you never know! I woke up with a little pool on my chest at 1am!

Katejo

« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2018, 09:51:46 PM »

How are we all doings ladies? So sorry for not posting for a while but I lost Mum so things have been difficult.
I am still full of oestrogen but no periods so hope this is it!
  So sorry to hear about your Mum. I lost mine 25 years ago during Christmas 1992 but still think about her a lot. I also haven't had late menopause but had to stop and write you a quick note.

Jenni

« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2018, 11:07:29 PM »

Approaching 55 now. Trouble at mill ;D started in early 2012, the last few years of a regular cycle were horrendous (gaps then flooding). Periods at 2-3 months apart in 2016 and then this year last one was May and nothing since. But then the hot flushes and night sweats kicked in. A friend of similar age says she's been having her hot flushes for 2 years, I am hoping mine are shorter lived!
Don't want to depress you but I've had hot flushes and night sweats for over 20 years now. They started at age 47, my periods stopped at 52 and I'm now nearly 68. I have a friend in her mid-seventies who still gets flushes. It seems for some women they never stop. Don't struggle on but go on HRT if you can.

Rustysmum

« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2018, 01:49:32 PM »

So sorry to hear about your Mum Machair.
Don't know why but since New Year's Eve my pics have been horrendous and continual. Disturbing my sleep which makes everything worse and was finding it really hard to cope again. Have started taking maca a couple of weeks ago and it really helps. Am trying to do a lot more research on it as I always worry about coming off these things again but it helped from day one so don't want to stop it! It is definitely the maca helping as have experimented with stopping for a day and the palpitations come back and then ease off again the next day once I have taken the maca again. Would love to hear of anyone else's experience if they have used it.
Hope everyone is improving!

Machair

« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2018, 01:57:24 PM »

Thank you so much Rustysmum that is so kind of you to think of me. I have been thinking of you and wondering how you are. Are you still period free or have they returned? It may be that when the hormones finally settle so will your symptoms. I know that is how it seems to be with migraine and heart issues too, so hopefully you won't have long. I think we are a similar age so we can help each other. xx

Rustysmum

« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2018, 02:06:23 PM »

Hi Machair
Great to hear from you. I lost my mum a long time ago - 30 years, but still miss her dreadfully and remember the early days well. It's not easy and can't help symptoms.

I see my iPad kindly atucorrected pvcs to pics! Yes I am still period free - still nothing since last June but have been disappointed several times before!i am keeping my fingers crossed that this really is it this time and this must be the worst phase?! I am 57 in a few weeks. Thanks for being there!

Rustysmum

« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2018, 02:09:27 PM »

Carol Litster, how did you get on with the Mag Phos tissue salts?

Machair

« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2018, 02:17:52 PM »

Oh Rustysmum that must have been heart breaking to lose your Mum at such a young age. I really feel for you.xx

Do you feel like you might have another period and do you still feel hormonal? I think I will bleed again as I am very very hormonal a lot of the time, but you never know this could be it! Was your last period normal or very light? Sometimes this gives a clue as they often get lighter and shorter at the end I am told!

Rustysmum

« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2018, 02:24:32 PM »

I have been feeling really hormonal (weepy, grouchy, permanently exhausted and spotty! ) Ugh! Yes have been wondering if I will be getting a period as had been doing really well towards the end of last year. Fed up of feeling rubbish again and no fun for poor hubby to live with either! My last period in June was what I used to call ‘normal' but lighter than the dreadful flooding I had been having in the previous far apart ones! Thank you for the ray of hope!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10