Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Anyone tried DIM  (Read 20141 times)

yriches65

Anyone tried DIM
« on: July 17, 2017, 07:07:48 PM »

Hi All,

Has anyone tried DIM to help with the Estrogen levels ? If so any success ?

Big Hugs

Y x

dangermouse

Re: Anyone tried DIM
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 12:12:12 AM »

I did a few years ago (for something else, maybe my dodgy digestion but can't remember?) but reacted badly to it with rapid heartbeat, cramps and sweating so didn't take another one.

My reaction, in retrospect, would suggest it raises oestrogen levels. Had a similar reaction to Red Clover.

DaisyB

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2017, 01:34:01 PM »

What's DIM??  ::) 

dangermouse

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2017, 02:15:07 PM »

DIM (diindolylmethane), is a food-based compound found in cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower and Brussel's sprouts.

DaisyB

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2017, 02:26:17 PM »

Never heard of it. I was surprised recently though to read cut Brussel sprouts down if your watching thyroid levels. Must look for article.  ??? Thanks for that!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 10:20:38 PM by DaisyB »

Katia

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2017, 08:52:05 PM »

I tried it a few years ago for something else. I only took it a few days as my weight went up and my breast swelled. I would tend to agree with danger,Ouse that it may raise estrogen levels

tootsieroll

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2023, 05:08:04 AM »

Sorry for resurrecting this old post but I'm curious why DIM is advertised to lower estrogen when in fact it does the opposite.  I experienced the exact same  symptoms on DIM.  The sweating was very concerning and although it worked as a diuretic for me, I was simultaneously gaining water weight.

Penguin

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2023, 06:01:55 AM »

I was prescribed DIM by my naturopath and take it alongside HRT. It raises one type of estrogen and lowers another, and is taken to promote estrogen metabolism in general rather than addressing absolute  levels. Obviously people react differently to different things though. I don't understand it enough to explain, it's really complicated but it is to do with your detox pathways and making sure your body keeps the estrogen it needs, and gets rid of that which it doesn't and does it safely. It isn't a supplement to take on its own though, or without supervision in my opinion.

Scampidoodle

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2024, 10:54:28 PM »

Has it helped you penguin?

Penguin

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2024, 05:28:23 AM »

Yes along with other supplements so I wouldnt take it in isolation or without supervision. You also need supporting supplements (for example I take TMG and calcium d glucarate) to ensure your phase phase I and phase II detox pathways are working so that the estrogen being removed is excreted safely by your liver,  I don't think DIM or anything that works on estrogen should be taken on its own. I had lots of issues with high / surging estrogen and it has definitely helped me get more balance.