Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Vaping  (Read 10340 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Vaping
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2017, 11:00:17 AM »

You guessed  ;D - not one of my vices, fortunately, nor did I take to drink but did wonder if either/both would ease anxiety  :-\

Annie0710

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2017, 11:32:05 AM »

I'm sure smoking was good for me in stressful situations and my mum started drinking heavily during her menopause, knowing what I know now she probs had depression/anxiety bless her but I wouldn't ever suggest drinking to help.  Saying that when I'm a wreck in a social setting a couple of Bacardis works wonders for me

ellie

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2017, 12:00:30 PM »

I gave up smoking 20 years ago, used to smoke 20 a day.....I gave up because it became too expensive......There was no vaping then, so I gave up with the help of nicotine replacements.
    I can honestly say, if cigarettes were free and they didn't  cause health problems, I would go out and get some today......I found cigarettes very relaxing. On the other hand the house smells better  :)
I have a friend that smokes and although she never smokes when she is with me, her clothes  smell of nicotine.
     I can only think that vaping is a good thing if you are trying to give up nicotine.  I am definitely not a reformed smoker that criticises people that smoke or vape.........

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2017, 12:07:18 PM »

We tend to have friends that don't smoke - it happened like that, we were drawn to those that don't, nor do they drink much either.  I don't like the smell of stale smoke - I remember when train carriages smelt 'characteristic' - the seat material, smoke, smuts, coal dust  :D

zelda

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2017, 08:10:34 AM »

That's one of the great things about Vaping is that there is no smell.

I am a non-smoker but I really do welcome Vaping as something that could save the lives of billions people.

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2017, 12:14:09 PM »

I know exactly when people are vaping near me, they smell of vanilla essence.  Or 'smoke' like fish/bacon  ::)

Dana

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2017, 01:52:54 AM »

There is a strong link between vaping and bladder cancer. None of these things are completely safe. It might be okay in the short term to get off the smokes, but should never be done on a long term basis. I suspect in years to come we will view vaping in the same we view cigarettes.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 01:54:31 AM by Dana »

DaisyB

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2017, 07:09:41 AM »

Dana I'm interested in that - will google for research.

DaisyB

zelda

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2017, 08:14:30 AM »

Did you read the bit about cancer causing stuff in coffee as well!

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2017, 09:21:14 AM »

Such as? different thread Zelda ......... different Research?

Cazikins

« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2017, 02:30:00 PM »

Such as? different thread Zelda ......... different Research?

You do make me laugh CLKD. We all go off topic at sometime - even you   ;) :-*

I gave up fags nearly 7 years ago & I think that if vaping had been an option back then I would have gone with it. Having said that I would be hundreds of pounds worth off.

Annie0710

« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2017, 02:54:03 PM »

Vaping costs me next to nothing, my 8.99 battery lasts @ 5 months, maybe longer, the container for liquid is 4.99 and lasts @ 3-4 weeks and my blueberry juice is 99p and lasts about 4 days, all from reputable places

CLKD

« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2017, 05:14:21 PM »

What! no cream  :o  ;D

That isn't a meander though, statements warrant a separate thread  ;)

Dana

« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2017, 09:16:56 PM »

Dana I'm interested in that - will google for research.

I don't have any specific links, but an actual medical doctor was on TV yesterday talking about it. I would certainly prefer to listen to a real doctor, or read information on a proper medical site, rather than a site that has a specific POV. I don't have any particular interest because I have no interest in vaping and don't know anyone who does it. Just passing on information from a doctor. Each to their own.

Just remember that back in the day cigarettes were considered to be good for you, but we know differently now. Like I said, maybe vaping is okay in the short term to get you off the cigarettes, but over the long term no one knows. A lot of younger people are using vaping as a cheaper (and trendier) cigarette alternative instead of as a stepping stone to being completely smoke free. They are the people who are taking a risk because no one knows the long term effects.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 09:33:07 PM by Dana »
Pages: 1 [2] 3