Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Headache and tired  (Read 1682 times)

margaret

Headache and tired
« on: June 29, 2017, 02:09:36 PM »

Hi Ladies,

Haven't had this for a while but I woke up yesterday with a migraine which I suffered from when I was young but came back when I started the menopause 4 years ago, the thing is I feel so tired I don't think I've been right since it all started, some days I feel like I can knock doors out of windows and others all I want to do is sleep, does anyone else feel like that x

littleminnie

Re: Headache and tired
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 06:38:15 PM »

I could have a sleep every afternoon, regardless of what time I wake up. I think it's part menopause/part getting older.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 10:26:46 PM »

Since I came off HRT last summer ( side effects were outweighing the benefits at 61) my headaches have gotten progressively worse. They make me exhausted and i sleep really badly.
My back started playing up ( bulging disk in lower spine) and my digestive system went bonkers.
GP suggested low dose of Amitriptyline ( just 10 mg) and things are so much better after 2 - 3 weeks on this. 
I'm getting quality sleep, my back feels better and the headaches have lessoned.
I have always been very anti ADs/SRRIs but amitriptyline is an old fashioned AD that is now used at very low doses to help headaches, nerve pain and insomnia.
DG. X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 10:28:32 PM »

Glad you find it useful DG!

Also, headaches can be eased by keeping hydrated.  How's the colour of your urine margaret?  We've had exceptionally hot weather haven't we so maybe you haven't drunk enough?