Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Advice for avoiding weight gain on hrt?  (Read 35766 times)

Hothothot

Re: Advice for avoiding weight gain on hrt?
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2017, 06:31:02 PM »

I thought I'd add to my own post just in case it helps anyone else who reads this thread. I have now been back on hrt for nearly 4 months. The first time I tried hrt I gained 10lb's in 3 months, which made me very sad..... :(  This time I gained 4lbs in 3 months - hrt definitely make me hungrier. The good news though, is that I have managed to lose the weight fairly quickly by cutting out the wine, and reducing calories.

I do think that hrt predisposes some of us to weight gain (despite all the claims that it doesn't), but in my experience so far, it can be lost again. I hope this is helpful for anyone else with concerns.

:)

jennyp25

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2017, 08:52:40 PM »

i am new to HRT patch, my doctor tells me i shouldnt put weight on with HRT, that it is the lack of the  hormone that causes the weight gain. im trying so hard to loose weight I hope my GP is correct, feeling worried  :o :(

Hothothot

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2017, 05:21:18 PM »

Hi JennyP25,

I'm afraid there's not much I can add to what is already on the post..... I did gain weight when first on hrt (10lb), but managed to lose it again. I am currently on a fairly high dose of hrt to control hot flushes, and seem to be controlling my weight ok. It's a battle though, and as soon as I relax I gain again. :(   For me, the menopause symptoms were so bad that hrt was the only solution, so I have to work with that, and adapt my diet accordingly.

I was one of those women who always swore I would never touch hrt (so easy to be judgemental before it hits you!), but I couldn't manage without it. I am hugely grateful it is available, and I have just had to accept that life/diet/wine consumption ( :'() etc, need to be managed from now on.

I hope it works out for you.

jennyp25

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2017, 08:13:09 PM »

Thank you I am hoping it works I'm feeling  up and down at the moment. But only been on the patch for 4days.  👍

Tinkerbell

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2017, 09:10:26 PM »

I have been on systemic HRT for over a year now and have managed to loose weight, down to the fact that my awful VA has been under control since starting it and I can exercise again...love cycling and swimming.

jennyp25

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2017, 08:43:15 AM »

Oh that's positive. :) I am quite active. So hopefully this will help 🙄

Katia

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2017, 09:14:24 AM »

I didn't gain weight with the gel,  didn't agree with me. The only one I have gained weight with is Angeliq, but it may be that it has almost as much progesterone as the pill, or it could be that estradiol puffs me like a balloon. The conjugated don't
Pages: 1 [2]