Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Recommendations for electrical shavers for face please  (Read 7338 times)

matildamouse

Recommendations for electrical shavers for face please
« on: June 23, 2017, 11:05:13 PM »

After a meltdown when I cut myself on my daily morning shave of my face  ::) (mainly chin area) hubby suggested an electrical shaver specific for ladies....this was after he initially risked his life by suggesting I go to work with a massive plaster on my chin all day. >:( He then tested his shaver on my face and it actually worked well.

Any recommendations for specific models which work well on the face please. Thanks

Mbrown001

Re: Recommendations for electrical shavers for face please
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 07:06:17 AM »

Would something like a No No not be an option.

Shaving every day encourages growth I think.

But to answer your question. I have a Braun Lady Shave...the wet or dry one but I don't use it on my face.

Mrs Brown

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 08:00:13 AM »

Gosh Matilda mouse- sorry but I don't think this is a good option. Would a better choice be one of those epilators for the face? Yanks hair out by roots.
If it's that bad, have you considered laser hair removal- not sure of the costs though! X

dazned

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2017, 09:06:20 AM »

I've tried a No-No ,save your money,I thought it was rubbish !

Mbrown001

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2017, 09:12:56 AM »

I've never tried one. I do have an epilator but have only used it on my legs.

My tweezers and a magnifying mirror are my best friends.

Have to say I wouldn't go near my face with a razor.....too scared.

Mrs Brown

cubagirl

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2017, 11:29:19 AM »

I don't touch my face with anything other than tweezers, oh and eyebrow wax. My mum shaved & made such a mess of her face. She even went for electrolysis treatment, cost a small fortune & made no difference. Don't think shaving is way to go.

matildamouse

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2017, 03:11:18 PM »

Shaving was my very last option. I had many IPL treatments which got rid of the dark hair but the remaining blond hairs are now the big problem. And there are lots of them. I tried waxing and threading as well which both worked but the hair must be long enough (which is a problem if you have to be part of society ::)) and it also caused a bad rash. I do tweeze about every other day as well but the hairs are too many to stay on top of as it is so time consuming. As I try to look presentable to face the outside world I resorted to shaving as it is quick and practical.

I cried every morning for the first few weeks as every cell in me resented that. I am a very ladylike woman and to take that step was and still is really out of pure desperation.

As the epilator's method of removing the hair sounds a lot like threading, it might leave a rash as well...I have a strong genetic link regards this problem as I am already on HRT and it made no difference. My aunts and nieces on my fathers side have the same problem as they get older....My Dr wanted to add testosterone to my regime as my levels were very low, but I will not be able to cope with more hair on my face!  I many days feel it is all just too much to keep up all this "maintenance"... :(
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 03:59:51 AM by matildamouse »

Mbrown001

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2017, 03:25:16 PM »

You have to do what makes you feel the best you can and help with confidence.
I had a quick look around and this one sounds like what you would need.

Made for ladies so much gentler than a mans one.

Panasonic ES2113PC Facial Hair Trimmer for Women, with Pivoting Head and Eyebrow Trimmer Attachments, Battery-Operated

It's on Amazon. Sorry I'm not allowed to post a link. Hope this helps

Mrs Brown

matildamouse

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2017, 03:47:19 PM »

Thanks so so much MrsBrown and all the other ladies for your replies. I will do some more research but if anyone has personal experience of a specific model, please let me know as well.

samweller161

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2017, 12:20:56 PM »

Boots do a tiny epilator thing - looks like a fountain pen in size (am at work so cannot recall the name) - i use it for upper lip :).  I get quite a few rogue hairs and this is great, no rash or anything.  can use on eyebrows a bit too  :D

SP x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2017, 12:47:48 PM »

Remember Girls - that if 'ladies' or 'for women' is added to the label you can add £££!!! to the price.  Himself is going to do my legs if necessary with his electric shaver.  I ignore the fine down on the side of my cheeks and pluck out the darker ones from under chin [see thread ;-) ], eyebrows etc..

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2017, 01:17:34 PM »

We've been together since I was 16, he's seen me in all my various poses  :rofl: : and if he can't put his shaver over me then who can  :-\ although I expect that he hopes it would lead to  :bed:

Mbrown001

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2017, 01:54:41 PM »

Sorry but I simply have to ask.

Why.....why wouldn't you do it yourself. Get razor turn on and run up and down legs. Not hard at all. Mind you hubby wouldn't be pleased if I used his electric razor as its not meant for legs but for chins and man type stubble.

I honestly think no matter how long you have been together that somethings are better done yourself with either the bathroom or bedroom door firmly shut.

My hubby would think I had lost the plot if I asked him to shave any part of me  ::)

Keep a little mystery going CLKD  ;D and getting someone to shave your legs is not sexy at all.

Chin hair is a subject that is never discussed in my house......and never will be  ;D

Mrs Brown

cubagirl

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2017, 03:37:57 PM »

Heavens my hubby would never ever shave any part of me. He would think I was completely bonkers if I asked him & I never will!

Chin hair I tweeze the odd half dozen or so which bug me. The soft stuff can stay put.

Hothothot

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2017, 03:52:49 PM »

Hi Matildamouse,

I use a cleancut shaver on my top lip - you can get them from amazon. It only gets 3 star reviews, but I wouldn't be without mine.

I did try one of those bendy coil stick things when my old cleancut finally died after a few years, but it was one of the most painful things ever! I binned it and ordered another cleancut. They are marketed as 'intimate shavers', but works great on facial hair.

Good luck finding a solution. :)

Pages: [1] 2