Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Menopace ?  (Read 6902 times)

Yammy1

Menopace ?
« on: June 17, 2017, 04:34:20 PM »

I have tried hrt a few times and it really doesn't seem to be for me, just wondering if anyone here has tries alternatives especially for anxiety, ie.  Menopace , evening primrose oil anything that will help please

Dancinggirl

Re: Menopace ?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2017, 10:05:31 PM »

You could try St John Wort. You need to get a good brand and take it regularly. It can take up to 6 - 12 weeks to work but there have been some good studies that show it helps with low mood etc.
I take Red Clover daily which I think reduces my flushes a bit. When I ran out of Red Clover a few months ago I quickly noticed an increase in my flushes. DG x

Cazikins

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2017, 11:32:08 PM »

Hi Yammy1
I have tried menopace in the past.

It was a long time before I noticed any improvement & to be honest it just wasn't enough to help with my symptoms.

There are a lot of supplements out there & everyone's experiences are different so you may well find other things that may be of benefit to you.

Yammy1

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2017, 09:34:08 AM »

Thank you girls,I think I'll have a chat with my chemist and see can she recommended something, I really don't want to go back down the hrt road if I can do without

Dancinggirl

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2017, 03:14:35 PM »

Menopace is simply a good multivitamin with some minerals and isoflavines to support your general health during and after menopause. It is not going to reduce meno symptoms.
None of the herbal remedies will really help either.
As I mentioned, there have been studies that indicate some reduction in symptoms with RedClover for some women and increasing phytooestrogenic foods is good to try. Try having a glass of soya milk every day? DG x

Yammy1

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2017, 06:31:57 AM »

Thank you dancing girl, will try the soya milk, and have a chat with doc

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2017, 07:34:18 AM »

Hi Yammy1

I agree with Dancinggirl that Menopace and similar products are mainly multi-vitamins and supplements, some with a few phytooestrogens, and that as such the latter only go so far as they are very weak. Re supplements - it is far better to make sure you have an excellent varied fresh diet. It also depends on where you are in menopause and the preparation and dose of HRT you use as to its effectiveness Hope you manage to find some relief, but if your symptoms are interfering with your quality of life and especially if you are under 60, do ask on the main boards if we can help you sort out a suitable HRT type.

All the best :)

Hurdity x

Yammy1

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2017, 05:42:20 PM »

Thank you hurdity, I had hysterectomy in August 2012 so I don't know where I am in meno, I still have ovaries. I'm 53 and don't fancy spending the next 10 years plus on this hormone roller coaster. Will be a couple of weeks before I get to see doc, so I'll have a chat with her about hrt maybe there's an alternative to estradot because I've tried it three or four tones and different strengths and felt worse, more anxious than ever

DaisyB

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2017, 09:49:23 PM »

Yammy1 - one thing I tried that really worked quickly was red peony- but only for night sweats. I recommended to my cousin and she called me 1 week later to say it was like a miracle it worked so quickly- unfortunately my worst symptom is anxiety and after a bit of a meltdown at beginning of the year I opted for Mirena and estrogel. Just the odd night sweat now x

Tempest

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2017, 10:38:16 PM »

Well, in desperation I've popped one of these with dinner tonight (I've had a pack in my cupboard for ages).

I couldn't get the blasted newly prescribed patches to stay stuck (and believe me, I tried EVERYTHING). Alternative suggestion was to go back on the Estrogel, which I've tried too many times to count and there are too many peaks and troughs. I'm at a loss!

At least I'll be getting a decent dose of b6 and a bit of magnesium from the Menopace, which I'm hoping will help a tad with the 'coming out of my skin' episodes (I refuse to call them 'anxiety' any more, as they're not. They're completely random and are an adrenal thing, not a psychological thing).

Anything is worth a go, I suppose. God, I HATE menopause (and HRT  that never seems to work)!!!!! :'(

Taz2

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2017, 07:03:47 AM »

Thank you hurdity, I had hysterectomy in August 2012 so I don't know where I am in meno, I still have ovaries. I'm 53 and don't fancy spending the next 10 years plus on this hormone roller coaster.

Hi Yammy - although you kept your ovaries research has shown that women who have had a partial hysterectomy can suffer ovarian failure around five years after the op https://www.hysterectomy-association.org.uk/menopause/conservation-of-the-ovaries-doesnt-prevent-premature-menopause-after-hysterectomy/

Taz x

Yammy1

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2017, 10:01:07 PM »

Thank you Taz2, that's very interesting as I'm coming up to 5 years after hysterectomy, the main reason i kept my ovaries is because due to previous cesarians my ovaries were fused to my bowel and bladder so they couldn't be removed. But it would make sense that they have stopped working in the  past few months. Hence my symptoms becoming so severe.

Roseneath

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2017, 11:53:12 AM »

Just to say be very careful of herbal / vitamin supplements. I took some Menopace for 3 months then got raised liver enzyme results which I have never had before. All the docs I have seen since said to stay off them as they can mess with your liver at the time your liver is busy processing hormones...I ended up having an Ultrasound (was fine but load of stress waiting 6 weeks for it).  I didn't notice any difference from taking them but was desperate for a quick fix to all my horrid symptoms so would have taking anything going.