Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: CBD oil for anxiety  (Read 22448 times)

robotwars

Re: CBD oil for anxiety
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2017, 07:48:21 PM »

I'm watching this with interest. As because HRT upsets my IBS I was told my next option was anti-depressants which I really didn't want to take..... I was also told angus cactus might be worth a try but I have seen mixed reviews on this....watching this with interest...

Annie0710

« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2017, 08:14:49 PM »

It sounds good so far Daisy.

Annie, did you get it online? I want to tell my family member where to get it.

Yes I asked Daisy where she ordered hers from and as there's quite a few out there I'd rather order from word of mouth

Like you ladies I've suffered this quite a few years because of menopause and really hesitant to get medication for it in case it upsets other aspects.  I'm happy overall apart from this social anxiety that's presented itself

DaisyB

« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2017, 08:29:36 AM »

Relevant update - pretty bad night re arm and leg - weak feeling as well as pins and needles and a cold sensation on arm and leg. Woke about 4am and instantly scanning for symptoms- this kind of night would have had anxiety off Richter scale - I felt the dread but it didn't escalate into panic and I went peacefully back to sleep even though I was worried. Still worried this morning. But I am not floored with the usual crippling anxiety.

Thought this was interesting enough to update you all on it this morning.

Still doesn't change the fact it's not a great day - but I am def seeing results with severe anxiety reduction !!

DaisyB

« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2017, 10:59:17 PM »

Megamind - chiropractor did scan said neck showed major problem with C3 area. And that it was worse than when he had started treatment! At least he was honest. He did a good treatment and suggested ice tonight - strangely feels a little better - but it could be my imagination! Anyway CBD update -  tonight was mum's turn! The 'turn' she took in church on Sunday- was actually a heart attack! I stayed pretty calm and back home after a long evening still feeling like anxiety has been turned down a few notches. I am still sceptical even though I haven't hit that crisis point again since starting it.

Will keep you posted

DaisyB x

[size=78%] [/size]

DaisyB

« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2017, 07:23:01 AM »

So I promised I would be honest in my trial of CBD. Last night was horrendous - I woke middle of night arm hand and leg seemed like they belonged to someone else. Panic started to rise - I noticed the waves of anxiety did not hit me -but it did accelerate nevertheless and I had to wake OH for help. I'm not giving up on it - it seemed to keep me in an overall calmer and clearer place. But I'm guessing at the point I was at last night not even a horse tranquilliser would have helped.

DaisyB x

Megamind

« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2017, 08:25:58 AM »

My friend had physio for her neck and it actually made her worse!

I would think your anxiety would increase learning about your Mum but it sounds like the chiro treatment exacerbated your problems with your arm and leg. I would go back to your GP about your C3 issue and go through the correct channels eg. Not a chiro! x

DaisyB

« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2017, 11:21:15 AM »

Yes megamind I'm waiting on her call x think your right.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2017, 12:22:16 PM »

I have replied in your other thread.  It really confusing to have 2 running on similar issues though  :-\

DaisyB

« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2017, 03:21:41 PM »

I know CKLD - apologies head all over the place !!! Thank you kindly xx

Peroxideblader

« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2017, 06:35:28 PM »

I started cbd oil 4 weeks ago just one dropper twice a day it hasn't helped my ability to go to sleep although I do feel less anxious which was a bonus..but one thing I have noticed is my rls has virtually gone..I had no hopes fir cbd working for my sleep as the dose needed for insomnia is MASSIVE and would be more money than I could afford.  My bottle was £25 it lasted 4 weeks but like I said minimum dose I have ordered the slightly stronger next one to try from this weekend but at £55 this is the most I can afford so this is my limit. But the fact my rls is much better is fantastic so it's worth it for that..I can't say if it's helped in any other areas as sadly i took it whilst i had missed my second period so I was all over and hormones were a mess...I'll be sticking with it for now anyway

DaisyB

« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2017, 09:35:14 AM »

Hi PB - I'm still on it - I started in the medium strength also so hopefully will see improvement. At the moment low level anxiety is virtually non existent- but I'm still not sold as last week I had a dreadful surge of panic. I am now recording daily as I have a feeling the panic surges are tied somehow to hormone peaks - time will tell I suppose :)

DaisyB

« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2017, 06:52:07 PM »

Feeling totally chilled - took action today to get pins and needles etc properly investigated and no panic! My boss is doing home visit this week (employers policy) and I feel no anxiety - my dad bought us both a new brand - health shop guy recommended not sure if it's that or just building up in system? Still cynical and waiting for the panic surge - nothing yet ::)  my dad back in hospital couldn't bring CBD in with him ::)  said today it's a miracle! Since stopping yesterday AN he couldn't walk across the floor as all his pain returned. So for both of us it seems to be working - me for anxiety/ dad for pain. I've also started today using it on very stubborn toe nail fungus - will keep you posted on any progress or not. Xx

Annie0710

« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2017, 07:58:26 PM »

Daisy, can you remind me how many drops and when ? I.e. Morning or evening also is there anything weird that happens at the start ?

Annie0710

« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2017, 06:29:11 AM »

Oh my days.... just managed 1/2 dropper under tongue, am sure I've pulled every tummy muscle possible retching, how I've not been sick is a miracle.   It's like swallowing vegetable oil 😷

Mbrown001

« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2017, 07:47:21 AM »

Oh that's really not nice.

That's why I asked if it was rub it on or swallow it. I'm not keen on taking anything orally if I can avoid it.

Will you try again or not.
I hope you feel better really soon.

Mrs Brown
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5