Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: CBD oil for anxiety  (Read 22443 times)

DaisyB

CBD oil for anxiety
« on: June 06, 2017, 04:44:23 PM »

girls - just wanted to share that I have opted to go for this oil as an alternative to anti-anxiety meds for 1 month - GP isn't opposed to it as it's grown and cultivated etc organically in Ireland and is non psychoactive- will keep you posted on progress (or not)

DaisyB x

peri

Re: CBD oil for anxiety
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 04:59:38 PM »

What does CBD stand for DaisyB?x

Megamind

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 06:02:29 PM »

What does CBD stand for DaisyB?x

It's extracted from Cannabis!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 10:13:00 PM »

What does it stand for ........... has it been tested and given NICE approval  :-\ if not, why would anyone take something that hasn't been trialled against drugs that can work ?  Let us know how you get on .......

DaisyB

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2017, 11:53:05 PM »

Lol - chill CKLD its organic, grown on home turf, approved by FDA and psychosomatic properties removed. I'd much rather try this first than jump into anti anxiety drugs with multiple side effects - GP didn't oppose but asked me to try her way if mine fails. I agreed  :)  because ultimately I need the anxiety controlled and if I can't do it organically I will acquiesce.

DaisyB x

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2017, 07:16:19 AM »

HI DaisyB- had never heard of this but have just asked Mr Google about it.
Do let us know if you think it works as I'm interested in giving it a try but you can be the guinea pig x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2017, 02:54:11 PM »

Not much point in taking it then  ;D .........

DaisyB

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2017, 04:23:38 PM »

;D - disappointing CLKD I know!! But the health giving properties are intact. I'll keep you all posted.

Kathleen

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2017, 04:46:21 PM »

Hello DaisyB.

This sounds like an interesting experiment and I hope you keep us updated. A bit of CBD oil can't be worse than gin which was known as " mother's ruin ".

Take care.

K.

DaisyB

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2017, 11:45:49 PM »

Early days Kathleen - some anxiety loitering tonight but it hasn't been let out of the cage - so to speak. I'll keep a close eye on it. Lady in health shop said lots of young lads (likely coming off drugs) are using it for anxiety withdrawal symptoms. I'll feedback often on ups/downs

DaisyB xx

DaisyB

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2017, 08:25:43 AM »

Day 6 - ok so this is all anecdotal ;)  cbd taken twice a day 2 drops on tongue. Added B12 in on day 3 - anxiety has been turned down from a 9/10 to 1/2 😇 I can't be sure if it's cbd or the B12 or the combo?

Once I have a full week of reduced anxiety I will remove B12 - to try and gauge if it's influencing the result.

I also ordered ashwagandha tincture form my health store - enough to last me a year lol

I've no patience so I am adding this in today.

As I said 1 month - once a clear week free of crippling anxiety happens I will eliminate B12 to see what happens.

Ashwagandha is also for anxiety but approaching from a longer term angle - in that it's an adaptogen working to balance the endocrine system. So this is something I will likely stay on and not mess around with.

Work in progress 😇

DaisyB x

babyjane

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2017, 08:41:14 AM »

Good luck DaisyB  :great:

I cannot mess aroung with my endocrine system, my endo would hit the roof as he has a hard job with my thyroid levels as it is (the reason I didn't go down the HRT route).  So I will stick with the SSRI and BB which help on the whole  :)

DaisyB

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2017, 09:00:47 AM »

Think I'm lucky BJ in that I was underactive but still had a choice to either control (at this stage with diet) or accept thyroxine. I am willing to try and find a way to balance and manage it all that doesn't rely on long term meds. That said i have the luxury of being able to try this as many women have no choice but to be on medication.

For me could I know I could manage a lot better if I didn't have the crippling anxiety every time I feel a pain, tremor, pins and needles, etc etc

I'll keep posting

;)

Kathleen

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2017, 09:11:49 AM »

Hello again DaisyB.

Thank you for the update, I'll be following with interest.

Btw our local college held a mock election last week and it was won by the candidate who promised to legalise cannabis! There's a lot of it about lol.

Wishing you well.

K.

DaisyB

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2017, 09:14:05 AM »

:rofl:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5