Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: OK ...So I've lost my voice  (Read 8050 times)

CaroleM

Re: OK ...So I've lost my voice
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2017, 10:45:14 PM »

Mine does have a semi-excuse for not replying, he had a stroke aged 42 in 2002.  I have come up with the following:

1. He has the football on and just ignores me.  I have be known to turn the tv off!

2. He's watching any other programme which means he needs to be "deaf".  I refer you to the above answer!

3. He swears I haven't told him something.  I inform him he needs to pay attention AND wash his ears out.  Offence will be taken, but eventually the message sinks in.  Only problem for me is, both his parents and Stephen all have had strokes yep, it can get frustrating.

4. I reverse the position.  It drives him mad.  However, it does work for the short term at least.

5. I speak to the cats and one house hen (PollyMarie has quite a story of her own), she' listens' and almost screams to order. ;D.  Problem with this one is, no children to back me up and you do need a very compliant hen!

I offer these in any order, if one helps, then good.  If not, just imagine him arguing with an insistent hen.  Now that's worth a million smiles of anyone's money.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2017, 11:06:31 PM »

I'm with the cats and the hen  ;) (have bumped the pets thread for you)

Maybe PollyMarie should have her own thread?  Also how does 1 cope when that happens to your husband  :-\

CaroleM

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2017, 11:28:06 PM »

That's easy, I back up PollyMarie ;D
Pages: 1 [2]