Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: After the good news re breast lump -insomnia!!  (Read 3095 times)

countrybumpkin

After the good news re breast lump -insomnia!!
« on: May 21, 2017, 09:45:20 PM »

I am truly weird. Exactly the same thing has happened again as in january when my friend died. 3 days after all the stress is over which I have had no trouble sleeping duringm I develop severe insomnia, just cannot fall asleep and will be awake all night long if didn't take a small dose of a sleeping pill.
I was so relieved after the good news re my boobs and then wham went to bed and was wide awake all night.
I had been sleeping my usual okay for over 2 months after my last bout of insomnia.
NO point to this post really other than to say isn't the mind weird >:( ;D

cubagirl

Re: After the good news re breast lump -insomnia!!
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 10:04:17 PM »

It's a pain when that happens. I'm not sleeping well at moment either, just not getting into a deep enough sleep. Slightest thing wakens me. Fingers crossed for good sleep tonight CB!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 11:36:14 AM »

I have delayed reactions.  I cope at the time then after 5-6 months, tears start at the slightest thing, can't sleep, can't eat  ::) ;  maybe take a book or radio to bed cubagirl ?

countrybumpkin

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 08:03:37 PM »

Last time I just had to slowly slowly reduce the sleeping pills over many weeks. If I go to sleep within 15 mins then I am fine even if I wake up every 2 hrs or are awake in the night but for some reason its the inability to initially fall asleep that sends me into a panic.  I always have been weird :P

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 09:37:30 PM »

I sometimes feel really sleepy as I get into bed then suddenly I'm awake with an awful panic feeling - fortunately it doesn't last but my head is saying 'you are far too awake to get to sleep'  :-\ .......... it's quite a shock and I'm glad that it doesn't last for many moments.

Peroxideblader

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2017, 07:03:27 PM »

It's awful isn't it..I've kept posting on here as I've had delayed sleep onset disorder for coming up four years it's ruined me. I can be shattered but unlike you clkd when my brain says you're far too awake for sleeping and you won't sleep that stays until around four a.m ....I take half a zopiclone two nights a week to get six hours sleep if that but that's pathetic...no wonder they used sleep deprivation years ago as torture it's the worst thing ever... :'(

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2017, 10:32:51 PM »

If it works for you Px then stick with it.

Peroxideblader

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2017, 12:24:57 AM »

It's doesn't work though sadly clkd ...the 2 nights I get a little sleep just leave 5 others awake it sickens me I cant take zopiclone every night a small dose without being hooked and it being so detrimental to my health..tried another antihistamine tonight one recommended off here but sadly it still gives me even worse rls as they all do..here at 130am another 3 hours to go then hopefully sleep..why the hell can't a tablet be invented that helps you sleep and isn't as bad as valium a aarrgghhhhhhh...( and my insomnia isn't due to screen time I only turned my phone on tonight to send an email....)

countrybumpkin

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2017, 09:40:08 AM »

Peroxideblader you have my total sympathy.  I slept as usual past 2 night but even my usual is no more than 3 hrs sleep at a time. I follow same pattern wake up hour half after going to sleep then wake up 2 hrs later then again 3 hrs later. In between I am usually only awake about 5 mins. So even my usual sleep is awful!
My problem is that if I don't go to sleep within half hour then I panic and I can be awake all night because of the adrenalin of panic.
I can't do zopiclone as I get evil taste in my mouth as soon as I swallow it lasting for most of the next day as well.  Zolpidem is better for me but no sleeping pill will make me sleep for more than my max of 3 hrs!   Zolpidem you can cut up into tiny tiny dosage and the psychological effect of taking even a minute dose can get me to sleep proving its all in my head ::)
I had one consulation with a psychiatrist who said that he was happy for any of his patients to take sleeping pill 3 times a week as that dose does not seem to cause the addiction problems, he suggested sedating anti histamine like nytol inbetween.  He said as long as you don't take a sleeping pill continuiously for a full month then addiction problems are less.  Obviously the less the better.  This is just his opinion and seems to depend on age of Dr as the new young ones are very against them.

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2017, 10:07:43 AM »

I take a anti-anxiety medication as necessary - begins with ah 'L' - can't remember the full name but it makes me sleep for a few hours.

countrybumpkin

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2017, 02:31:21 PM »

CLKD is it lorazopam ( spelling probably wrong)?  If so its a benzo but if you are only using it occasionally then addiction should not be a problem. 
I use diazepam for mri scans at quite a high dose and it def works ;D  Thankfully thats not often.

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2017, 02:35:15 PM »

I hadn't needed it for months .......... wading into shopping malls, going for coffee, taking Mum for light lunches; then wham  :'( and I think that's what I swallow when desperate tnx.

Sometimes I have used an anti-histamine or 'travel' pill which can be soporific. 

Peroxideblader

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2017, 04:57:13 PM »

Countrybumpkin thank you i am so sorry you've got the insomnia bug..I cut my zop in half and it does take foul next day but it lets me go to sleep by 2am instead of 4 or 5am ..you can take 2 tablets I take half of one to make them last as I only get 7 doses per month that's all doctors will give me. Is zolpidem the same as zop can I ask doctor to change to it instead? And I know what you mean psychologically as although I try my best to be positive every night when i first try to sleep it's hard afyer almost 4 years of the same pattern to not think here we go I'll lie here for an hour get up read back to bed get up etc so the panic sets in stress rises cortisol high so vicious circle..I'd do anything to swap lives with a sleeper...x