Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Royal wedding (almost)  (Read 14625 times)

cubagirl

Re: Royal wedding (almost)
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2017, 02:50:11 PM »

Oh fab Annie! It'll be just as special. We thought our registry office wedding was perfect.

Annie0710

« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2017, 03:23:14 PM »

Thanks Cubagirl, that's the beauty of people being different, if we all wanted the same thing there'd be chaos !

Neither of us have parents alive either, that was another reason, otherwise there'd only be us 2 on the top table ! X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2017, 03:27:01 PM »

Ours wss £300 all in  ;D and despite mutterings, we are still together.

Now - this lady is sister to the future Queen of England ...... and had two Royals in attendance, don't know who the other tots were.  Pippa had 2 dresses, one for the Service, another for the afternoon sit-down do apparently - well so did I, mine was for 'going away' ...... I kept it for years and the straw hat fell apart eventually  ::)

It annoys me when people say that they are unable to afford a deposit, when they spend out on a big wedding and a honeymoon far away! 

CLKD

« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2017, 03:32:17 PM »

It was definitely two fingers, probably about to pick his nose  ;D - think I counted 8 smalls? how did they keep them all clean  :o  :D

Loved the flower arrangements outside the Church on the stone wall and it was great to see  :sunny:

Annie0710

« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2017, 03:33:57 PM »

Plus though CLKD I get really shocked at the hen/stag dos, they're weekends/week aways now abroad a lot of the time.  Someone we know  is having 2 stag holidays abroad

CLKD

« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2017, 03:39:51 PM »

;D - two much money around these days   :sigh: and lack of priorities - Himself was working until 9.00 p.m. the night prior to our wedding and I spent most of the evening with a male friend of long standing who called at my parents' house ....... the friend was unable to attend our Service as he was working so had come to boost my confidence but by then, the Valium was kicking in  :D

I do wonder how society people manage anxiety ...........  :-\

cubagirl

« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2017, 04:12:40 PM »

Son's stag was one day only at local centre where they did clay pigeon shooting, carting, then onto pub. Hubby was with them. After he left they went on somewhere else. But son was remarkably well next day. DIL did a long weekend in London. Theme park & shopping. Our daughter had a post wedding afternoon tea with her old school mates, me & my SIL.  All awfully civilised.  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2017, 04:29:42 PM »

When booking Hotel accommodation in Southern England I check that they aren't a venue for stag/hen does or wedding receptions  ;)

Mbrown001

« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2017, 07:24:28 PM »

You will love Gretna Annie, it's just such a lovely atmosphere and some great photos to be had.
My nephew was married there. Hubby and I drove down....the weather was shocking as it was December. There were only a few of us there and we were given a room to get changed into our glad rags. We then went across the road to the hotel and had a bit of a party. It was a lovely day.

My wedding was small. My mother wanted so many people to be invited but as we were paying for it ourselves we got to choose.....well hubby put his foot down with a very firm hand and mother backed off.  There were 15 of us, we married in our local church and then hired a room in a hotel for a meal. We then joined the dinner dance that was held in the hotel every Saturday night. We even got the first dance of the evening. It was lovely. We then bankrupted ourselves with a week in Paris. Such wonderful memories.

Mrs Brown

Annie0710

« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2017, 08:22:43 PM »

Thanks Mbrown, we bought a package deal so get night before and night of in the honeymoon suite, I always smile thinking about it, I GOT NO LIBIDO !!!!!

Cassie

« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2017, 08:24:06 PM »

Those flower arrangements really were beautiful outside the church.

Mbrown001

« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2017, 08:30:15 PM »

Oh who cares Annie...you are standing with the bloke you love over the anvil at Gretna. Doesn't get much better than that really.
Is this the wedding and honeymoon rolled into one.

Mrs Brown

Dorothy

« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2017, 08:33:22 PM »

CLKD, I can understand your caution in booking hotels, but spare a thought for the poor people trying to organise 'civilised' hen dos who get turned down because everyone thinks a hen do is automatically going to be a bunch of rowdy drunks!  One of my friends nearly went demented trying to book some quiet accommodation in a rural/semi-rural location for a hen weekend.  The bride wanted enough space for us all to hang out together and catch up, a reasonably priced restaurant nearby so we could eat out one night and some good countryside nearby so we could go on some long walks.  But kept being offered 'hen weekend packages'.  Eventually, the chief bridesmaid had to lie and say she was booking a 'school reunion' (which was semi-true as most of the guests had known the bride since school).

Had the same problem when that chief bridesmaid was trying to organise her own hen do.  Eventually got the accommodation sorted (the fact that she specified it had to be near the pottery-painting we were doing probably reassured them we weren't a 'typical' hen do!) but when we turned up for the meal on the Saturday night, we found we were at one end of the restaurant, next to two other 'traditional' hen dos!  The manager ended up apologising to us and said if he had realised we would be 'so civilised' he would have put us somewhere quieter.  My friend had emphasised that it would be a quiet meal (3 of us didn't drink at all for religious/health reasons and the others only tended to have one glass of wine with a meal) but obviously hadn't been believed!

Annie0710

« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2017, 08:38:55 PM »

Oh who cares Annie...you are standing with the bloke you love over the anvil at Gretna. Doesn't get much better than that really.
Is this the wedding and honeymoon rolled into one.

Mrs Brown

Hopefully the response will still work !

We drive back morning after then early hours of next day we fly out to our friends apartment in Spain for 11 nights x

cubagirl

« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2017, 10:10:13 PM »

It will be wonderful Annie! You never know, once you've relaxed. It will be lovely no matter what. You, your new husband.

When DIL had her hen do, her sister booked an apartment in London for a weekend, complete with Jacuzzi. No mention of what it was for.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4