Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Royal wedding (almost)  (Read 14631 times)

Cassie

Re: Royal wedding (almost)
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2017, 08:17:37 PM »

I think she looked breathtaking and the little ones were just perfect, loved the snippets I saw.

Mbrown001

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2017, 08:43:12 PM »

Of course there will be interest in her as she is a future Queens sister. Difficult not to have heard of her, and the future heir to the thrown was a Page Boy.

Who she is...well ...doesn't really matter...her dress was lovely.
I did see a young couple on a beach near us today getting wedding photos taken.

All brides are lovely on the " Big Day " and Pippa was no different.

I agree with Elizabethrose and wish them well.

£40,000 yep that's about what a good few of us clubbed together spent....ER, Cuba...me....who else lol.
If it was my daughter and if that's what she wanted and I had the money....then it would be fine with me.

Mrs Brown.

Elizabethrose

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2017, 08:52:28 PM »

I think our husbands might view the issue differently Mrs B! Mine will probably tell our kids to elope and offer to pay the fares!! x

Megamind

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2017, 09:09:51 PM »

I don't believe all I have read about their wedding and it's costs. The Daily Mail have been obsessed with it, about 20 articles today. The fact is, it's a private affair and they know nothing, they're just making it up but whatever they have spent, it's up to them as her parents are millionaires as are his and her husband is very wealthy as well.

I feel sorry for Pippa as well. A while ago I watched an interview she gave on American TV and she said she doesn't like the media attention and she gets upset when she reads things about herself online and she likened it to bullying. I also read that the boyfriend she had at the time of William and Kate's wedding dumped her as he didn't like the media attention she received.

Mbrown001

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2017, 09:32:57 PM »

My nephew married at Gretna Green over the anvil. It was just great.....and the few of us that we're there had a ball.
I agree ER ...hubby would buy the ladder....only trouble is we live in a bungalow  ;D

I would far rather contribute towards something else...

I have no great interest in the Royals but I agree Megamind....the publicity must be a trial for them.

Mrs Brown

cubagirl

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2017, 10:07:02 PM »

I never wanted fuss so we had small wedding. Money went towards house deposit. Our daughter didn't want fuss either & they just went off & got married with a couple of friends as witnesses. We found out afterwards. We were just as pleased as we were when son married a few months later, a big wedding. Even their big wedding didn't cost as much as Pippa's dress.

My dress cost £12, made by my mum.

Taz2

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2017, 11:03:44 PM »

They got married in the same church as quite a few friends as it's really close to us and my Goddaughter was christened there. The estate is lovely, although not everyone agrees with landed estates nowadays, but the fuss and security was a bit of a nuisance for the locals.

My OH was disappointed in the dress - he was hoping for something along the lines of her last one and rather thought the veil "spoiled the view"  ;D

I thought the glass marquee looked like a greenhouse  :-\
Taz x

cubagirl

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2017, 08:10:07 AM »

My OH was disappointed in the dress - he was hoping for something along the lines of her last one and rather thought the veil "spoiled the view"  ;D

I thought the glass marquee looked like a greenhouse  :-\
Taz x

Agree about the glass marquee. Overhead shots had me thinking likewise.

babyjane

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2017, 10:21:59 AM »

It's all relative isn't it?  £40,000 to them in their income bracket would be the equivalent of a few thousand to a couple in a more modest income bracket, or £400 to us when we got married (19 years old, husband a student, I had a part time job, nowhere to live and my veil and headdress came from the Oxfam shop)  That was 40 years ago by the way and we are still together and in love despite all the tut tutting from family and relatives at the time and those who were convinced I must be pregnant (I wasn't)  ::).

Oodles of money may buy a lavish wedding but it is no guarantee of a happy marriage.

cubagirl

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2017, 11:02:32 AM »

I still have receipt from our wedding meal somewhere. Meal & drinks for 10 came to £68ish. Wedding cars £5, both Austin Princesses from reputable company in Paisley (You'll know the one Mrs B) Think in total it all cost about £150 or thereabouts.

You're right BJ, oodles of money doesn't buy a happy marriage.

Annie0710

« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2017, 11:17:37 AM »

I'm getting married in sept in Gretna Green, just us 2.  They are arranging our witnesses, the photographer and the car, we need just turn up and do the deed! It's all my choice.  Women in my real life can't understand why I don't want a fuss.  Fiancés previous wife was a 'look at me everyone' and their wedding was £24,000 ! Within 12 months of the wedding she started an affair with her boss and by 18 months she'd gone

babyjane

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2017, 11:57:16 AM »

congratulations Annie, hope you both have a wonderful day  :congrats:

Annie0710

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2017, 12:06:55 PM »

THank you! I'll be happier the next day when it's all over and we head home ready for the flight to Spain

I just want to be his wife, not the bride lol x

Megamind

« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2017, 12:33:32 PM »

Our wedding was also cheap and cheerful. I don't see the point of spending a fortune on one day or spending thousands on a dress you'll never wear again.

Annie, my friend got married in Gretna Green and loved it.

Annie0710

« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2017, 12:36:26 PM »

I've got to keep reminding myself it's just an hour out of my life x
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4