Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Cystitis  (Read 8622 times)

Lulu12

Re: Cystitis
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2017, 09:48:08 PM »

I suffered from recurrent UTI's for years (following a kidney operation). Used to be up all night in agony.
Started taking high strengh cranberry tablets a few years ago and haven't had an episode since!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 11:47:27 AM by Lulu12 »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2017, 09:49:06 PM »

What on Earth is in it to cause wind  ??? and one shouldn't take anything to 'prevent' a UTI except have a good hygiene routine ;-)

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2017, 08:38:04 PM »

Finished antibiotics today and much less painful.

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2017, 12:35:48 PM »

That's good! 

Evelyn63

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2017, 05:06:22 PM »

What on Earth is in it to cause wind  ??? and one shouldn't take anything to 'prevent' a UTI except have a good hygiene routine ;-)

Not sure but may be sugar, I have a good hygiene routine but sadly doesnt make me immune to UTI's. 

Eviepf

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2017, 05:20:06 PM »

D Mannose is a form of sugar, although I believe not metabolised by the body in the same way as other sugars. For those who are prone to utis it can be a very good thing to use every day, prophylactically, as well as more intensively when in the throes of an acute infection. It doesn't work for everyone, unfortunately, and I think is only effective against e coli infections (although e coli is responsible for the vast majority of utis).

It broke a long cycle of recurrent utis for one of my daughters so, when it does work it can be a lifesaver.

Evelyn63

« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2017, 05:24:08 PM »

D Mannose is a form of sugar, although I believe not metabolised by the body in the same way as other sugars. For those who are prone to utis it can be a very good thing to use every day, prophylactically, as well as more intensively when in the throes of an acute infection. It doesn't work for everyone, unfortunately, and I think is only effective against e coli infections (although e coli is responsible for the vast majority of utis).

It broke a long cycle of recurrent utis for one of my daughters so, when it does work it can be a lifesaver.

Thanks Eviepf, you have explained it better than I could. I wouldn't be without it .  Forgot to add it only works against ecoli infections but as you say most UTI's stem from those .

Evelyn63

« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2017, 05:36:55 PM »

It's not always possible to practise good hygiene in the throes of passion! :o ;)

;) ;)  Passion   Distant memory but a good un all the same .  Thank you for reminding me .

Evelyn63

« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2017, 06:03:14 PM »

Duplex kidneys are problematic as you know to your cost Hasty !  Glad I was able to help.

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2017, 08:53:20 AM »

Looks like I will be going back to nurse tomorrow. Still burning when I wee.

Evelyn63

« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2017, 09:49:09 AM »

Thats a shame Pennyfarthing, drink plenty of water today and use some of the cystitis powders, Tesco do their own range which contains the exact same ingredients but much cheaper.  They won't cure the infection if there is one, but they will help make things a little more bearable for you meantime.  Also try some antimfiammatories like Ibroprofen to calm things down a bit.  Take care.   PS take a sample first thing in the morning if you are bringing one with you.

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2017, 02:40:47 PM »

Nurofen pronto!

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2017, 07:37:25 PM »

Back to nurse and she says sample is OK but I'm still getting burning although not as bad as last week.
She says I'm a bit sore "down there" and have a white discharge so she took a swab and is sending that off for testing and also the urine to see if it grows bacteria or something. I have some canestan cream to use and ring on friday for results.

Evelyn63

« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2017, 08:40:56 PM »

You are under a lot of stress PF, and this can trigger off underlying issues, I hope you get it sorted .

CLKD

« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2017, 10:12:58 PM »

Canestan burned  :o

Ask for atrophy treatment?
Pages: 1 [2]