Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Cream to help symptoms  (Read 3586 times)

Pirellibelli

Cream to help symptoms
« on: May 10, 2017, 11:03:34 AM »

Hulloooooo! I've been told of a cream that you out on your skin like a moisturiser and it really helps with menopausal/perimenopausal symptoms - does anyone know what I'm talking about and if so what is it called? I am perimenopausal I think so my symptoms are mainly sweats, lack of sleep, bladder issues (once I get the idea that I need to pee, I have to rush or pee myself!) - help?

Annie0710

Re: Cream to help symptoms
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 11:24:39 AM »

Sounds like Oestrogel.  Oestrogen in gel form x

Tempest

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 07:07:15 PM »

Or it could be the Wellsprings Serenity cream, Annie. Wellsprings is the alternative natural progesterone stuff. xxxxx

If you type in Wellsprings in the search option Pirellibelli, you'll find quite a few posts pop up, and you can see how others have got along with trying it. xxxxx

Annie0710

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2017, 07:40:41 PM »

Oh god yes! Thanks Tempest..... xxxx

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2017, 02:27:51 PM »

Hi again Pirellibelli

I've answered at length on your introductory post and made lots of suggestions.

Please do not waste your money on the any over the counter commercial progesterone creams - the advice from the various menopause societies and research is that these are too weak to do anything and any effect is likely to be placebo. They are harmless - but no point in wasting time and money when you can have the real thing  ::)

The estrogel is a different matter - that is the real thing and would form the oestrogen component of HRT.

Other natural measures to help reduce the intensity of hot flushes are reducing excess body fat (to reduce overheating,), reducing caffeine, alcohol and spicy foods - but if you are a hot flush person - this ( and creams) will not eliminate them. As for sleep and night sweats - really HRT is the best solution. Your life may well be transformed if you hit upon the right product!

As far as bladder issues are concerned - I don't know about natural solutions for this - Maryjane is the expert on Vaginal atrophy and bladder problems - but most of us would recommend that whatever else you do or do not decide re HRT, you should ask for local oestrogen to help with this - once you have been checked that there is nothing else amiss eg infections, thrush etc. The types are available here:
https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/local.php

I think there were some trials started into a herbal vaginal treatment like sea buckthorn capsules or similar (might be wrong here) but not sure what the position is?

Also in US they have launched a DHEA vaginal caspule (officially approved by FDA) which seems to work for VA - but oestrogen caspules and pessaries are just as "natural" as oestrogen ones - they have all been synthesised and the hormones are biologically identical to what we make in our bodies.

Hope this help too :)

Hurdity x