Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Feeling strange sensation of leaving body whilst alseep.  (Read 3011 times)

Cazzie57

Feeling strange sensation of leaving body whilst alseep.
« on: April 15, 2017, 12:34:43 AM »

Hello everyone,

Im going through some very odd sensations and wondered if anyone can relate or explain it.
I often feel detatched from my body its a sickly feeling,in some ways its like being drunk. Spacy disconnected.
Not sure there are any words to describe this feeling, its very upsetting. Its happening as i sleep and waking me up. I often wake up shaking.
Also tingling creepy crawly under skin,  i have constant fluttering in my belly also. I am being treated for anxiety and depression since a gall bladder operation last year. I am 60 soon, ive had CFS diagnosed many years ago. I had a hysterectomy in 2011' ovaries left. My bloods show low progesterone.
Im trying to cope with how awful i feel, im using positive self talk, getting out and about. Better diet, vitamins etc. is this all menopausal? Im so glad i found this forum, i hope other ladies can advise me?

Thanks for any comments, advice.
🌸  Carol

Annie0710

Re: Feeling strange sensation of leaving body whilst alseep.
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 05:31:20 PM »

I had a spell of detachment during puberty and dr told my mum it's hormonal

In meno I've suffered the physical symptoms but not the detachment and during recent cognitive hypnotherapy she wanted to put me into detachment but I refused, I said I hated it then so I'm sure I'll hate it now.  I so feel for you but just know it can be normal during hormone upheaval x

Kathleen

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2017, 06:43:48 PM »

Hello Cazzie and welcome to the forum.
 I haven't had detachment but I do have the fluttering in my stomach which I refer to as 'the jitters', many other ladies experience it as well and it's even mentioned in my trusty meno book.

No real answers for you I'm afraid but you have my sympathy. I am constantly amazed at how awful we can feel at this time in our lives, menopause is not for sissies that's for sure!

Take care.

K.

Mumalmighty

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2017, 10:37:07 PM »

Hi cazzie57 totally have this very hard to describe but I've got ur jist. I normally am like this constantly but I've felt normal in last 3 days. My period due in about a week so expecting to go back to the strange sensations pretty soon. Try not to worry it really is fluctuating hormones  :)

Cazzie57

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2017, 12:24:14 AM »

Thanks everyone for your replies, im grateful for all your comments. I probably posted in the wrong place to start with.
These feelings we experience are not talked about in general info about menopause, I wonder why? Ive had various tests and seen many Drs not one has suggested Hormones being the cause, its so frustrating, upsetting to be fobbed off by DR after Dr, its just anxiety...doing all that.
Once again i thank you all, I feel reassured that im not crazy! Or alone 🌺😽🤗

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2017, 02:05:04 PM »

Some people find that as they wake they can't move or they feel floaty - it's that moment between sleep and waking when the brain isn't in either place.

Megamind

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2017, 01:26:49 PM »

Some people find that as they wake they can't move or they feel floaty - it's that moment between sleep and waking when the brain isn't in either place.

That's sleep paralysis. Quite common but scary when it is first experienced.

Elizabethrose

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2017, 01:42:41 PM »

Hi Cazzie57

It may not be at all relevant but your description of out of body, surreal experience/sensation made me think of Alice in Wonderland migraine. I'm going to post a link to part of a thread that cubagirl posted a while back which discussed it. Scroll down the page to a post I made suggesting it to her. Taz later posts a link describing it.

Many women suffer from migraine in it's many manifestations in peri/meno, often the headache isn't present which confuses people. These are silent migraine with some aura experience, prodrome and postdrome symptoms. The symptoms are many, often very odd sensations.

As I say Cazzie, have a read and discount if not relevant.

I wish you well x

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32418.15.html

Cazzie57

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2017, 04:44:20 AM »

Hi Elizabethrose

Thanks so much for the info, wow ive never heard of aiw migraine, just goes to show Drs dont know everything. Its a freaky feeling, along with anxiety over all these weird sensations, I really hope we all feel better soon! I didnt know meno had so many unexplained symptoms.
Best wishes to you and everyone else here!

🌹

Jobo

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2017, 04:58:15 PM »

Hi Cazzie
Was real interested in this as I had a very bad experience of this about 18 months ago I was in such a state my hubby called an ambulance.  Are you taking hrt?

Cazzie57

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2017, 01:36:55 AM »

Hello Jobo,

No not on any HRT, i did try bio identical hormones last november, i had a terrible sore cocyx (tail bone)whilst on it and a nasty rash in armpit. Coincidental? Not sure but when i stopped bios the pain in bottom went away. The rash i had for four months, not sure about Hrt because im 60 this year and heart issues run in my family. I think if i take hrt im putting more side effects into the mix, then later when i stop them meno symptoms will hit again, its very confusing. Im very low in progesterone higher in eostrogen, dr wants to give me more eostrogen? Would that even work?
I hope you are feeling better now? These strange feelings have no words that correctly explains them, i can imagine how you must have been scared by it all.
Best wishes
😽🐱