Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Ginger - mothers (natural) little helper  (Read 3009 times)

VanessaM

Ginger - mothers (natural) little helper
« on: April 09, 2017, 09:27:02 PM »

A few years back I was in Australia on long road trip.  At a roadside stop, our guide recommended a bottle of the local ginger beer if anyone suffered motion sickness as were about to go through a twisty section of road.  I bought some of the local brew and have to say it worked a treat.  Since then I always keep some fresh root ginger in the fridge.  Whenever I have "funny tummy" (quite often at this age!!)  I either grate some into hot water, or often I just chew on a nugget of it.  It really works for me.  Over the last few months I have been getting lots of headaches, and the other day I wondered if it would work for the headaches too, having run out of ibuprofen.  And yes, it does!!  Magic stuff.  Hope this helps someone else.  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Ginger - mothers (natural) little helper
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 11:02:08 AM »

We have used ginger in cooking for over 20 years.  Like honey, it is one of Nature's healers.  Ginger biscuits when travelling which can, if necessary, be sucked though that's a little messy.  If I feel 'off' I eat crystallised ginger or drink some of the juice from the jar. 

VanessaM

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 07:00:59 PM »

ooh yes!  Never thought of crystallised ginger!  A sweet treat too!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 07:10:23 PM »

Yummy ;-).