Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Hello From The Madness of Peri-Menopause!  (Read 1361 times)

GrapesOfWrath

Hello From The Madness of Peri-Menopause!
« on: April 05, 2017, 06:34:34 PM »

Hello! I'm 42 and have been going through a roller coaster in Hell's own bowels. I have read what you ladies have posted and gained a good deal of insight. I switched from birth control to HRT Estraidol and Progesterone a little over a month ago. My mom didn't have the problems I have and it's been scary not knowing what to expect. Thank you for this forum.  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hello From The Madness of Peri-Menopause!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 07:00:19 PM »

:welcomemm:

tell us more about yourself: age, children, whether you still work.  Have a look-see at the Daisy web-site too for ladies in 'early' menopause.

Let us know how you get on with the HRT!

GrapesOfWrath

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 07:25:01 PM »

I'm 42. I'm not married and I don't have kids. Luckily I work from home. My sister and I live together and I have a wonderful niece and nephew. The worst problem has been crippling anxiety. It stopped with the birth control as I did not have a period, but now that I'm on estrogen/progesterone anxiety hits with a vengeance during ovulation.. I take estradiol 0.0375 mg patch with progesterone 200 for two weeks and then 100 Mg for two weeks.  Besides anxiety I had a horrible acid reflux and esophagus spasming two days before my period. I was in the ER twice and nothing took it away. I did experience some relief when they gave me Bentyl which is a smooth muscle relaxer. When I got my period the anxiety stopped and within about nine hours the acid reflux and spasming  stopped abruptly. I see a new doctor tomorrow and am going to have him check my hormone levels. My previous doctor told me blood work would probably not show anything. I disagree! This is just terrifying.

Bex68

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2017, 01:42:50 PM »

Hi GoW

How did you get on at the drs? I've only just seen your post but I was going to suggest Pregabalin for your anxiety. It comes in several doses, isn't addictive and you can pick it up as and when you need it.
It has helped so much with my anxiety,which has got worse since starting the peri part of my life!

Bex

Maryjane

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2017, 05:54:49 AM »

Pregablin is a dangerous drug , and shouldn't be picked up and dropped as can cause seizures, I admin a pelvic pain group and lots of ladies are on it for pain , and have to wean off very carefully.

It's an anitepileptic drug originally , and is used for other things like pain / anxiety , but definitely can be addictive , and needs to be weaned off carefully because of the effects it has on the brain .
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 05:57:54 AM by Maryjane »