Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Tingly-Numbness in left fingers & toes, on Femeston 2/10 mg  (Read 1609 times)

ladyunlaoised

Tingly-Numbness in left fingers & toes, on Femeston 2/10 mg
« on: April 04, 2017, 08:40:20 AM »

Hi Folks,  I'm new this this site but I'm hoping someone can shed light on symptoms I have & could they be related to possible low levels of Estrogen whilst on Femeston 2/10 mg.
I've been doing a lot of research online - don't know if it could be a B12 deficiency as a lot of my symptoms are quite similar, had recent blood tests and the nurse said no - it wasn't, my reading was at 220 levels and she said if I'm between the range 200-700 then I'm fine.
So I'm thinking is it possible for my Estrogen levels to be low whilst on Femeston 2/10 mg.  I'm still getting monthly bleeds on it.  I'm 55 yrs in July. 
I'm just wondering if anyone else has symptoms like this,  it's only on my left hand and left toes. (Also finger pads can be dented on left fingers)

I would appreciate if anyone could shed some light.

Cazikins

Re: Tingly-Numbness in left fingers & toes, on Femeston 2/10 mg
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 12:01:01 PM »

Hi & welcome to the forum ladyunlaoised.
I personally think it is not related to your HRT, it sounds more to me to be a trapped nerve somewhere causing the tingling (especially as it is on the same side). I have had problems with pain/tingling/numbness in both hands for 18 months & the docs still can't give me a diagnosis... but my HRT has never been questioned.
How long have you been on this type of HRT?
I'm sure some other members will be along soon to offer more advice.
Cazikins x

ladyunlaoised

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 01:26:48 PM »

Hi Cazikins,

Thanks for the welcome.  You could be right in suggesting a trapped nerve, it's been going on quite a while too..  I'm on HRT over 7 years.  I did try change type of HRT a few years back so I wouldn't have a constant bleed but had  symptoms like "ants" crawling under my skin and it was terrible so I reverted back to Femeston 2/10 mg and the symptoms went away.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 03:22:13 PM »

However: many ladies when pregnant develop carpal tunnel syndrome! which disappears after delivery. Some develop rheumatoid arthritis which again, disappears 1-2 years following the baby arriving.

:welcomemm:

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2017, 05:12:45 PM »

Hi ladyunlaoised (that's hard to spell!)

:welcomemm: from me too.

I agree it doesn't sound menopause related. It is doubtful you have low oestrogen on 2/10 although some women do not absorb oestrogen well from tablet oestrogen. However if you do not have flushes and sweats or other menopausal symptoms then it's likely to be sufficient.

I would have numbness/tingling checked out by the doctor if it persists - especially if your blood tests are normal.

Hurdity x

nearly50

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2017, 05:44:36 PM »

I often have numbness in my right fingers and toes, doctor felt it was probably hormonal, and said it sometimes happened during menopause.I do think it is when I have low oestrogen levels. I have it when my right ear and right side of my neck is burning.

ladyunlaoised

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2017, 08:02:25 AM »

Thanks nearly 50,

I'm thinking it's hormonal too, I've read up about tingly/numbness sensations online and some are linked to menopause.   

ladyunlaoised

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2017, 01:13:18 PM »

Hi Megamind,

That's reassuring to read  from you. I too was told the tingly/numbness was from a possible trapped nerve and was sent for Physio Therapy - it didn't work.   It appears to be a very "grey" area for Doctors unfortunately.  I have read online that these symptoms can be related to menopause or vitamin B12 deficiency - so I'm researching all areas so to speak and it's great to read other people's experiences of similar problems

nearly50

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2017, 01:21:48 PM »

I had thought it might be a vitamin B12 problem when it started but blood tests showed that I had a pretty high level. In fact, having read this, I wonder if my levels are too high

http://www.menopausecentre.com.au/information-centre/articles/can-tingling-extremities-menopause/

Megamind

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2017, 01:46:51 PM »

My B12 was also tested and was OK.

ladyunlaoised

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2017, 02:39:03 PM »

I had thought it might be a vitamin B12 problem when it started but blood tests showed that I had a pretty high level. In fact, having read this, I wonder if my levels are too high

http://www.menopausecentre.com.au/information-centre/articles/can-tingling-extremities-menopause/

thank you for that Nearly,  I have very similar symptoms. :o